1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistani mob burns man alive for allegedly desecrating Quran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

In what could be termed a barbaric act that once again draws global attention to Pakistan’s blasphemy laws, a mob broke into a Pakistani police station, seized a man alleged to have desecrated the Koran and burnt him alive.

The man, who was a traveler, had spent Thursday night at a mosque, said Maulvi Memon, the imam in the southern village of Seeta in Sindh province, but the next morning, what they found were the charred remains of the Koran.
    Memon while narrating what led to the incident said, “He was alone in the mosque during the night, there was no one else there to do this terrible thing.”
    Villagers beat the man then handed him over to police. But not satisfied, a crowd of around 200 stormed the police station a few hours later, dragged the man out and set him on fire, said Usman Ghani, the senior superintendent of police in Dadu district.
    Ghani said around 30 people had been arrested for the murder and seven police officers detained for negligence.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2...an-alive-for-allegedly-desecrating-koran.html

2. bongman

bongman Member

3. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

two wrongs make a right ?
    the OP didnt single out muslims. we dont need to do a research on all the religious murders of the past month if we want to discuss this shooting specifically.

4. bongman

bongman Member

You need to understand the OP's tendencies. He wants to blame Islam or Muslims for all the wrongs that is going on in the Middle East.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You don't know the op do you?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Animals. This type of mob violence is despicable.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Let's not forget that this is not just a random group of individuals that does this. Most of them will probably get away with a slap on the wrist - because their actions executed what represents public opinion over there - and even the law, as in the blasphemy laws.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What sort of coverage do stories like this get in the Pakistani press? I can only hope that the vast majority (though anything short of 100% is not enough) of Pakistanis find this barbaric and anti-"Islamic".

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The victim was a Muslim.

10. bongman

bongman Member

who broke a Muslim law which is based on your past rhetoric, is what you want to emphasize.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Clearly, your reading comprehension is lacking.

But very interesting to see that you rather self-identify with the killers rather than the victim.

12. bongman

bongman Member

what's even more interesting is how you were able to draw that conclusion. your insults are very laughable. nice try though. ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Easy: You felt offended that I would "single out Muslims" when reporting a crime.

In fact, the victim was a Muslim. Yet, you were not offended because of his tragic fate at the hand of criminals - you were offended because the criminals happened to be Muslim as well, and I dared to report a crime that was committed by Muslims.

14. bongman

bongman Member

Offended? Please provide some proof where I made that statement. Have you considered that I was merely restating my contention that any individual or group who chooses to take the holy script literally can cause immoral acts on others?

Just to make this an official statement, I DETEST any immoral behavior perpetuated against any individual or group that uses a holy script to justify their acts.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

typical savage Pakistanis

1500 years behind the rest of civilization

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If Obama had a son, he would not look like the man burning the Quran.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I do not agree with ATW on the subject of Islam. But I do not have a problem with him posting these reports. It is terrible that those things happen, and I would be in favor of making it known around the world when those terrible things happen. It doesn't matter if the people are Muslim, Christian or Atheist.

People should never be forced te be silent about these things. When those things happen it is not propaganda, it actually happens. So the more news coverage around the world the better.

That being said I do disagree with ATW about the cause of these actions (He blames the religion I blame the idiots who do these terrible acts and use religion as an excuse).

1 person likes this.