1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

My Experience at the Rockets' Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Oct 7, 2000.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, I was lucky enough to be able to watch the night session of our Houston Rockets at St. Stephens School here in Austin.

Let me tell you, it was pretty much one of the coolest things I've ever seen! It was unbelievable walking into the gym and seeing No. 34 doing layup drills. Or No. 3 talking smack with No. 5. It was simply amazing.

Fortunately, I got to see a lot more scrimmaging than Clutch did this morning.

RM95's player of the practice: Walt Williams. The guy was playing very, very well. Driving, shooting, playing decent defense. It was good to see him playing that well.

RM95's disappointment of the practice: Kelvin Cato. He seemed to be the Cato of old. Walking down the court, b****ing at officials, punching the ball across the gym whenever he screwed up.

The coolest thing was hearing them talk on the court. I've never been fortunate enough to sit close enough during a real game to actually hear the players communicating like they did in practice today.

Dream looked pretty good. Francis looks great. Langhi didn't do much, a couple of cool dunks. Moochie looked good, as did Shandon. Collier didn't look so good, except he ended the scrimmage with a nice lob. Rogers also looked pretty good.

To tell you the truth, I haven't smiled nonstop like that in a long time. I was too busy being awestruck than to actually judge how each was doing.

The coolest part? I took a piss right next to Rudy T!!!!!!

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

2. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

3. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

U LIE!!!!!!!!
    U LIE LIKE A DOG!!!!!!

I KNOW U WERENT THERE!!!!!!!!
    WHOEVER HEARD OF WALT PLAYING D!!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

rm95: did you walk into an empty bathroom w/ 25 stalls on the wall and go straight up to the stall next to Rudy? [​IMG]

------------------
    "Everyone I know has a big but...

come on Simone, let's talk about your but."

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Did you say "Hey Rudy, how's it hanging?"

[​IMG]

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the mother****** upside the head!

7. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

That Cato report is really disappointing. We need the slobering maniacal Cato of last year's preseason back if we are going to be a playoff team this year.

------------------

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hope you had the decency to clean it up... I'm sure no assistant coach wanted to sit next to Rudy after that. [​IMG]

------------------
    I got nothin'.

9. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Rocketman:

Was that you????????

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've pee'd next to Rudy.

I said. "Hey, Pee is cool. Don't you think."

Didn't work. I need to take more subliminial lessons from Bush to win over friends, I guess.

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Anyone going to San Antonio this Saturday? Any tips on how to get autographs?

------------------

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

If you wanna get an autograph, and if you actually have a chance to talk to a player, just talk to them. They're usually pretty normal, nice guys. If you act like a groupie fan, they treat you like a groupie fan.

But if you act normal with them they'll usually just talk to you. Then if you really want an autograph just tell them you want to get one for your girlfriend/little brother/best friend who idolizes them/etc. They'll usually like kind of laugh and be like, "sure, no problem man"

Heh, on the other hand, you can always just pull the "hey mister, can I have your autograph?" trick. In which case all you'll get is a disgusted look and a quick scribble...

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

13. Loafinator

Loafinator Member

oeilpere is Rudy!!!!!!!!

------------------
    "When the mind is thinking, it is talking to itself."

.... Plato

14. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Rather concerning about Cato. With Rudy making comments to Clutch like Collier is ready for the rotation, it sounds like he might be seeing the same thing. Man I hope he comes to play this year or we will have a harder time dealing him out than Washington's had dealing Howard.

Did you notice anything about KT? I'm also concerned that his silence is sulking because of Mo taking his starting position and playing time. Package deal?...too early to talk about that.

Still anxious to see the real Rockets.

------------------

15. Thanos

Thanos Member

Rocketman95 "The coolest part? I took a piss right next to Rudy T!!!!!!"

oeilpere "Rocketman95: That was you?"

Loafinator:

Intersting reasoning. I wonder why didn´t anyone thought of this before.

Though it really is a stretch, it makes sense, in it´s own sick and twisted way.

Of course good old oeilpere must be playing games with us, which is a helluva lot more likely.

On another note, KT´s attitude is puzzling. I´m not sure what his expectations were, but he only got any PT last season because Chuck, T-MASS and ´Los went down.

Otherwise he would´ve been buried in the deepest reaches of the bench or even on IR.

He should be thankful for the minutes he got then and the minutes he gets now. Anything else on his part is dellusional.

------------------
    By moonlight, we RIDE ten THOUSAND side by side...!

[This message has been edited by Thanos (edited October 09, 2000).]

16. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

You know you peeked over the stall!!

------------------
    ------------------
    Hakeem: "Exit Suugar Lan"

17. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

quit hating on Kenny [​IMG]

------------------

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was going to say something, then I remembered that ESPN commercial.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com