1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Anyone know any good vehicle inspection place?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Had my car inspected at a Shell in the Med Center on Almeda/OST. Guy there said my engine was full of dirty oil and sludge and they needed to flush it. Would've cost $70 to do it. Declined it. Read online that modern engines don't need to be flushed and it can be harmful to your engine.

At my inspection this year, passed with no problems. Some inspections can be shady.

2. BenVR4

BenVR4 Member

I been going to Mr. Sticker for past few years now for my motorcycle and car and not once have i ever ran into any problems with them

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Did you fail the initial inspection?

4. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Q Emmisions

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why are you scared? Go anywhere. It's very rare that the inspection place will use your car to hide and traffic narcotics for the cartel.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Nope, passed it. My engine never had a problem. I was also running on really old oil for the year that I finally got around to changing a few months ago, but the car still ran without a hitch.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Oh...i thought you meant they told you it wouldn't pass, or that if failed, and he said it was due to the engine issue.

It really isn't easy for them to cheat you on the inspection itself. The OP should be ok anywhere, as long as he keeps an eye on them and doesn't accept any additional service, pass or fail.

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

This, you will be in and out, no hassle. Been going here for years.

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i have a friend who runs an inspection place. but to answer your question... no I don't know of a trustworthy place:grin:

10. tomato

tomato Member

Goosh Gosh, the fact that all Clutchfans are on the West side of town is disturbing.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

no one lives on the east side, or admits to it anyways. i really think East Houston is the land that time forgot.

12. VanityHalfBlack

It such a scam... I remember them charging me twice for the inspection when they said my wiper blades need replacement.. So I said yes please replace my wiper blades and the technician didn't tell me that he had to do another inspection with the new blades on... I was like, "Why the **** didn't you just do it the first time around during the 1st inspection with the new installed wiper blades???

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm living pretty good over on the Eastside... Admittedly.