1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[12/11/12] Jeremy Lin rolls ankle in practice + Harden update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 11, 2012.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lin says he's fine, should be able to go tomorrow. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rockets">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23RedNation">#RedNation</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Linsanity">#Linsanity</a></p>&mdash; Howard Chen (@ho_chenCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/ho_chenCSN/status/278604972860514305" data-datetime="2012-12-11T20:59:36+00:00">December 11, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Chen breaking the news :)

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Will he play at 80%?

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin should stop wearing those low top shoes, quite dangerous.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Better an ankle than a knee. Sounds like Lin is pushing himself too hard again. Coaching staff needs to rest him appropriately.

6. onreego

onreego Member

Lets not relive the Tracy and Ron debacle.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This seems like a ploy to see how Harden would play without Lin.... Maybe they can't play with eachother. One of them would be neutralized.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Don't get too worked up over the shoes. There was a large suspicion that Roses injury could've been somewhat attributed to the high top adidas. Obviously Roses' style of play probably had more to do with it, but its something to think about.

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hehee douglas is getting better and better game in game out...

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

I really love it when Lin and Douglas play together and succeed.

11. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Be careful what you wish for! They will be only too happy to oblige.

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

Yup, they really worked well together.
    People say TD is kinda outta control at times, but Lin can make that kinda recklessness work because he'll find you if you're charging forward like a mad man.

13. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

harden and lin use low top shoes ;) try high top ;)

14. sidestep

sidestep Member

LMAO.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Honestly, not surprised one of his ankles turned again today.

The Left one would still be weak, and he could easily have been overcompensating it on the Right foot (leading to another turn).

It's a minor injury and very common in the NBA. If they say he'll be fine for the Wizards, I have no reason to distrust it.

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lin is always eager to play and will always say things like that. Last season in May just before the Knicks playoffs, he also told reporters " I think I'll be ready to go in a few days." :p

Harden being able to play should be enough for us to beat the Wizards. Lin needs to take precaution to make sure this angle injury does not become a lingering issue. Rest and get 100% healthy to face next big opponent.

17. pnr

pnr Member

I hope he rests for the Wizards. If Harden is able to play, I think they can pull off the W anyway. No need to risk reaggravating it and having a steph curry situation happen.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Our guards seem to love ankle injuries >,>

19. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lin should learn Harden's attitude when it comes to injuries.

“I’m just going day-by-day,” Harden said. “I feel very good. I’ve been icing as much as possible, getting a lot of treatment and just taking it slow. I don’t want to rush anything because I don’t want it to linger on throughout the season. I want to make sure I’m healthy and fully recovered.” (Harden in today's interview http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ce-but-lin-limps-off-with-same-injury/#8217-3)

Any player who rushes back from any injuries is stupid. One Brandon Roy is enough.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I experienced Linsanity last year when he came to town (Toronto). He plays again this Sunday and I want to see it again. PLEASEEE KEEP DEM ANKLES HEALTHY :( MEOWWWW