1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boxing: Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 in the works

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Prince, Sep 11, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, that's why he went to sleep. His body was so unstable that he couldn't absorb the hit. He might as well have been sucker punched.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I was drunk on Jose Cuervo! :grin:

Dude, my house went nuts!! Everyone screamed their ass off. This time I was going for Marquez. I'm expecting an investigation, steroid conspiracy, etc.

I'm also expecting a 5th fight, like my dad was speculating. Nacho Berenstein knew dang well he didn't want the judges to rob JMM this time.

For all the people who think that wasn't KO punch, I dare them to take it on the jaw like absorbant Pacman did. Y'all won't do it.

I was getting hyped up with the previews of 24/7 and it didn't disappoint. That's what Jinkee said.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

anyone know where I can download the fight?

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pacman was beating up JMM. He just got careless and walked into a punch. Otherwise usually you fall backward due to the force.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

That was a massive punch...a short punch is sometimes just as devastating...

However..if JMM fully extended on that punch...Manny's career mightve been done...and the fact that he was out for atleast 2-3 minutes...just goes to show you the amount of power in that compact punch...

Rules of fighting...a straight punch is much more effective than round house punches...Im really happy for JMM...deserves it and I really feel for Manny...atleast in my eyes he didnt duck a fight...he came to fight and put everything out there on the line...They were both looking to KO each other out...JMM got him bc Manny forgot you have to also play defense...

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This...Paq walked into that shot...foot balance everything was off...and after the punch took place...his legs turned to jelly...Kudos to JMM...but he was in real trouble if it got to the 7th round...his nose was broken...

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it had more to do with the timing of the punch, and not the force. With Manny being on his toes unbalanced, he couldn't brace his body, and more importantly, his neck, to absorb the contact. That's going to take you out quickly. A solid punch from a good boxer will do the trick, it doesn't have to be a real powerful one.

8. spydermex

spydermex Member

His nose was broken in the first fight as well

9. Relentless

Relentless Member

It was announced after the fight that JMM's nose wasn't broken. Do your research.

10. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Pac was whooping that ass until he ran right into that punch. Hats off to JMM but he still really doesn't stand a chance against floyd because he can't stand back and fight floyd's type of fight.

1 person likes this.
  11. tharges

tharges Member

Didnt Floyd test positive for steroids? You can bet there will be lots of testing before a fight could happen.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

ok...i shall submit my thesis to you tonight...get a life dude...

1 person likes this.
  13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Floyd wont ever fight like Marquez...Round 5 was epic...they were trading shots to the face...left and right...PBF would jab, score some points and back up...PBF success is predicated on him forcing people to play 12 rounds of boring boxing...what you witnessed last night is real hitting...a real fight...

Beside...the person that really lost was PBF...he had a chance not only to win...but collect the largest purse ever...and all that is completely gone...and nothing will be remotely close to that...PBF lost the chance to do what JMM did...that couldve/ shouldve been his moment...

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Lolwut?

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

That fight before yesterday had a chance at breaking records financially... And PBF shouldve relished the chance at beating/KO'ng Pacquio himself before JMM got to him...but now...if PBF fights Manny(extremely low chance)...the fight lost all its luster/value/financial incentive/meaning...it just doesnt have the same draw...

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lolwut?

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol...yall are clowns...

18. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I honestly think it would be one of the richest (maybe still THE richest) fights of all time. Manny will draw a ridiculous international crow despite his recent losses and everyone still wants to see the "good guy" vs. "bad guy" showdown. I think Mayweather-Pacquiao would still be more alluring than Mayweather-Marquez II because of the roller coaster leading up to it. I know the chances are dramatically slimmer than ever but I would still be absolutely thrilled to see it happen.

19. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLtjcVxacxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pacquiao's interview on our local Philippine TV channel.

1:55 - "Yun naman ang hinahanap ng mga tao eh pag lumalaban ako, nasan yung galaw ko na ganun, aggressiveness ko. Eh di pinakita ko sa kanila, Kaya lang ganun talaga boxing."

Translation - "That's what people look for in my fights, my movement and aggressiveness, So i showed it to the audience, But then again, this is boxing, anything can happen."

Seems Pac is implying that it really doesn't matter to him whether he wins or lose as long the fight is entertaining.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lolwut!?