1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Student Shoots himself in cop car after being arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by davidio840, Dec 5, 2012.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Posted the updated. Apparently he was handcuffed and shot himself in the back of the head because he was stressed and had girl problems. smh

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Maybe because I just read this thread, after the update, but it doesn't sound fishy at all. Bad search/frisk, though.

Which means, what till you have all the facts.

It's not entirely clear why to me, but the board seems to really jump on cops time and time again, without all the facts.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I grew up in Pine Trails and the last few years I was there, we heard gunfire on a weekly basis. I was at a party 2 houses down when someone fired a gun when the police came. I remember someone being shot and left for dead in a burning truck in front of Cunningham middle school..he clawed his way out of the truck, but the assailants stupidly came back and shot him again which led to them getting caught. I remember there were certain thugs in the neighborhood you wouldn't dare get in a fistfight with because they always carried a big knife just for fights (this was in middle school). I saw people getting jumped by groups of people. I moved away for college in '91 and my mom moved out in '93 and we've never been back.

4. David Stern

David Stern Member

Why was he arrested if no weapon was found? Not saying it wasn't a good thing....i'm just asking what reason the police have for cuffing him after searching and finding no weapon....something is wrong with the story or what actually happened.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who knows. Should we assume the worse of the police officers? no.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It was either a bad frisk as stated by other posters, other cops doing a bad frisk and the weapon was left in the car from a previous person/shift, or some real shady stuff.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This board does jump on cops without all the facts, and I'm usually one to defend them until more facts are revealed.

However, I still had my reservations about this incident because either way you take it, this cop messed up. Either he didn't frisk the kid adequately, or something way worse and shady happened. Thankfully it was the former, but still a bad job by the cop.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

9. macho87

macho87 Member

I live in pine trails. People call it Crime Trails now.

North Shore c/o 06

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

Class of 2003 checking in.

11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I agree it is not a good area. I lived there for a few years while in college with a boyfriend until around 07 when we broke up. We never had any problems and the cops were pretty lenient back then. I guess its worse now.

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

We called it Crime Trails too. Also Hells Trails and Thug Trails.

13. MADE

MADE Member

Am I misreading the article? It said he shot himself in the back of the head...How the heck does a handcuffed suspect (no less) shoot himself in the back of the head? How does anyone, besides a contortionist, go about shooting themselves in the back of the head?

14. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Pretty easy to do especially sitting in a cop car. He can easily move the cuffs to front of body and then who knows from there.

15. macho87

macho87 Member

The cops prob handcuffed his arms from the front, If they handcuffed him at all.

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I think he couldve shot himself. They did all kinds of testing to prove that last kid couldve shot himself as well. What I dont get is why if someone wants to hurt themself, we arrest them. I understand that you need to get him out of the school but treating him like a criminal escalates his feelings of depression im sure.

17. trysh

trysh New Member

he did get frisked/ searched.

18. trysh

trysh New Member

security has picked up, and the whole deal with the principal didnt happen on school grounds it was his personal life, and as for the school "Riot" a fight between 2 kids in the school is not a riot yea the hall was crowded but their was no riot the news had over exaggerated as usual

19. Relentless

Relentless Member

I just found out that principal now works at the administration building. smh

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

so my friend's brother goes there now and he's close friends with the student who shot himself.

apparently, he's always just been messed up in the head, and was reported to the cops because multiple students saw a gun on him

maybe cops searched, didn't find anything, but due to the multiple complaints, needed to bring him in..