1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Why is everyone against upgrading at PG (in the near future)?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sen89, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

Well you've seen this before http://www.mysynergysports.com/synergystats/. This is the NBA site where you look at team stats (the pie charts/bar graphs - if you go to Go-to-Plays and click on the PnR bar - you can see the pie chart - DMO w/ 2.0 PPP (as PnR Roll Man) - :p Only 1 play).

And here http://mysynergysports.com/ you can see the % breakdowns of the defensive/offensive plays of specific players as well as teams. Full subscription comes with video of each play.

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

If Morey could turn Harden, Asik, and Lin into Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, he would.

If Rockets could draft the next LeBron, they would do that too.

But those scenarios are so unlikely, what else can Morey do but develop the best prospects that he could get at the time?

Being a better spot-up shooter would open up Jeremy's game so much. He already does other things very well, but it's obvious to everyone and their grandmother that he's not a good spot-up shooter and that it hurts his overall game. During the offseason, if I recall correctly, he was working on catch-and-shoot, ballhandling, and his left hand.

Asik, too, needs an offense game to be the center a contending team needs.

As great as he is, Harden needs to work on his decision making. He can't be Melo out there.

3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Sorry for the double, but you know who I am the most impressed by so far this season? Chandler Parsons!

Is it a coincidence that he's the only one of the four that was drafted and developed by the Rockets?

Harden was being held back, having to play off the bench. The Bulls didn't need Asik for offense and don't seem to have developed him in that area, and Lin's weird path to the NBA can't have helped his development.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Dont worry aboy LOF's like Arthur and co OP. They are like a virus that attaches it self to anything or anyone who dares to mention something about their reason to live in Lin.

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Another great post! Thanks

6. just a word

just a word Member

lol, I think you're misunderstanding some of the posts here.

IMO, I believe if we have 24 s left on the shot clock that the ball should be in Lin's hands and that he will get it into the hands of the person best able to score, in the best spot to score, with the defenses usually partly out of place.

I also believe that maybe 8 times out of 10, Harden would be best able to score, to grab his best spots despite defenses best efforts, and the best person on the team to break down the defenses even further.

If only 5 seconds are left on the shot clock, I believe that Harden would be best able to make a play; HOWEVER I believe that Lin himself is best able to put Harden in a position where he's optimized. I believe that Lin probably won't have the ball in his hands AT THE END OF 70%~80% or more of his plays, that Harden, Asik, Parsons, or Patterson will, in an ideal world, tend to finish the plays. In roughly that order, because Patterson seems to really like the jumpers more than the higher efficiency shots (ie. near the rim and 3pts).

7. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I am a Lin fan and would like to see Lin play more without Harden, with either 1st unit or 2nd unit. Rockets should test out different rotations and see how they work out.

8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I don't think it's exactly necessary. Lin can also set up Harden for good shots. At least they should try utilize Lin's playmaking more than they have been.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So...Lin isn't a good fit with Harden, eh?

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

I never really understood why everyone said they were a poor fit. It just takes time people need to have patience. If Harden could play with a ball dominant guard like Russ obviously he can play with Lin. It took Wade & LBJ a full year to figure things out. Joe Johnson & Deron Williams are still not perfectly in tune with ona another. These are all star players. To expect Harden & Lin to figure it out instantly is foolish. People need to be patient and stop being so knee jerk. Both players won't be consistent because they are young, they will have great games then they will have awful games, but they will get better.

11. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

I think we should go after Mo Williams. He has a nice contract. :)

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

There was a situation in the locker room after the game today.

Ended up with Harden pointing the finger at Lin and saying "we will ISO you"

Trouble.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin's efficiency on ISO plays were very high last season. So it would be good to ISO his ass some.

BTW, Harden is such a noob. The proper term is "You will be ISO'ed by us." :)

14. nono

nono Member

When things go well they seem like a great fit together. The best thing about our offense is that it can be initiated by two guards. Both Harden and Lin can score and also pass. Late in the 4th quarter against the Jazz Harden saw that his shot wasn't dropping and so started passing more and racked up 7 assists. He is just such a beautiful player. Even when his shot isn't falling he makes such a difference by being able to get to the free throw line or making assists. His defense though is sometimes really bad.

15. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

torocan is Morey.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I was just trying to create some more 1 on 1 animosity....

17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Nash should be allowed to do what he does the best...playmaking

and Kobe should be allowed to do what he does best and thats score

of course you want to mix it up but overweight on their strengths

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Nash is a much better spot up shooter than Lin. Kobe passing to Nash is a lot better than Harden passing to Lin.

19. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

Agreed.
    Lin would have to fail completely to convine Les to upgrade. Lin is Yao 2 when it comes to Chinese marketng cash cow. Sorry. Just a fact. Besides, the whole team is young, learning, but still winning their share.

20. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

No need to "upgrade" at either PF or PG. Lin and Harden get into the paint very well..a PF like 2Pat stretches the D with his mid range / 3pt shot...giving Lin and Harden space. A PF who can't make that shot just clogs the lane...when guards cant penetrate and kick out, they turn into jump shooters. Not what we want...