1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are a joke.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Feb 5, 2003.

1. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

yeah thank crisco

what was i thinking...i forgot...

2. xuxj

xuxj Member

I don't think he can move that fast:)

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Maybe we could land TJ Ford in the draft and ship Moochie off for a second round pick.

Wishful thinking.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

positives ... positives... Mo T upped his trade value. That Ty Hill thing looks sweet.

5. Holden

Holden Member

man you guys are insane.

sure go ahead, jump off the band wagon because we have a two game losing streak.
    if we beat utah by one point youll all jump back on and brag about what great fans you are.

6. TDUBB

TDUBB Member

Look on the bright side... if we continue to lose like this....somebody WILL take action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

7. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

Holden, I'm not jumping off the bandwagon ... I'm just shutting my eyes tight for the crash coming up very soon. :)

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's really stupid, Holden. You want more of the same? I expect more from you, and I expect more from them. You're too smart for that.

9. walterw

walterw Member

Yeah, I can see everybody is laughing, Cavs, Jazz, TWolves
    , Lakers and all Rudy haters..

10. Holden

Holden Member

all im saying..is acknowledge the bad loss... yes....thats fine...

but fire rudy? and trade everyone? thats jumping off the wagon

we are making the playoffs if the season ended right now as we speak...we lost to the cavs by three points... everyone calm down

im sorry..not EVERYONE here is insane...but most of you are...

11. Holden

Holden Member

this team is very very very far from a "JOKE"

12. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

It doesn't matter where we are now. We have more road games than any other contending team. We are a terrible road team.

We are not going to make the playoffs unless a miracle happens.

13. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

That's what we said all year long (or all decade long, rudy, hint hint), tell me what's been done so far?

14. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

I believe it's called a dribble. I hate to see him do an ISO though.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You know what moral victories are for?

They are for teams that perenially suck like the Cavaliers!

Yet, it is a moral victory that we lost to a team that is *always* playing for said moral victories by 3 points??

That's rich....lololololololololololololololololololololol

If we miss the playoffs by one freaking game, this is the game that we will look back on and realize that it cost us.

I just hope that if we don't make the playoffs, that we miss it by more than one or two games.:(

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

You've got it all wrong Holden. THE BANDWAGON is all about the losing.

17. Holden

Holden Member

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. see thats what im talking about. you people blow everything out of proportion..
    we may be a bad road team, granted. but at this point we are a better TEAM, RECORD WISE, than the lakers the warriors etc...

if we are the eighth seed as we speak, how is it a miracle to tread water there for the rest of the season and make the playoffs? it seems very doable to me, bad road team that we are and all...i mean we got to this point? we must have been doing something right at some point?

the season is a roller coaster..and at the low points you people say itll be a miracle if we make the playoffs and you want to trade everyone... two games ago we beat the wolves and the kings, two weeks ago we beat the lakers...

but we lose two games one by three points and all is forgotten and this team is a joke. this board is a joke.

18. haven

haven Member

I'm really curious to know why anybody thinks this team is well-coached. There are good things about the Rockets. But coaching clearly isn't one of them.

1. SF and CM are not held accountable for their selfish play.
    2. Inconsistency is often a hallmark of poor coaching.
    3. The substitution patterns are, and always have been, bizarre.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Holden,

Playoff teams or good teams don't lose to teams that have only won 9 games all year. Playoff teams or good teams don't give up 105 points to suckyass teams, either.

You're right about the 8th seed, but logic would have you think that if the Rockets can't even take care of the dregs of the league, why does anyone think they can honestly make a run deep into the playoffs (if they can even get there)?

That is why people are upset, and I'll give you a warning: I would stay away from "labelling the board". That has bit some other posters in the ass before. Take it for what it is worth.

20. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

You have no clue. At least make a plausible argument.

The Lakers are 7-3, have won 4 straight against some really good teams.

They are on a roll. At this pace, the Rockets will finish 42-40 (6-13 on the road, 10-5 at home). The Lakers right now are .500. You don't think the Lakers will be better than 19-17 the rest of the way?

Are you kidding me?

Seriously, instead of ranting and raving and calling other people's posts stupid, try to get a clue. You don't have any idea what youre talking about.

#60 RIET, Feb 5, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2003