1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are a joke.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Feb 5, 2003.

1. montelwilliams

These growing pains have been going on for 4 years now. How much longer do we have to endure these growing pains? Until they turn 40 years old?

2. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

ZRB,

You can't really compare that just yet. Some of the sub-500 teams could be above at the end of the season. I see your point though...losing to losers still sucks.

3. Holden

Holden Member

yes this is a tough loss...a game we should have won..
    but lets not get carried away here...
    a team that would be a 'joke' would be memphis or denver or these same cleveland cavs.
    we beat minnesota and sacramento by 20+ at home a couple games ago and we lost this game by only three points..
    yes its a bad loss, but a team over .500 is not a joke...
    im not worried till we fall 3+ games behind the eigth seed which i dont even think will happen...
    and even if it did our team would still not be a "joke"
    ZRB your shtick is old.

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

im with you mont...damn i figure we have two options

1) Spend one more year integrating Yao into the offense

2) Make a big deal ...mobley/griffin for q. rich/brand

5. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Hey Rocks...

you're right....

LETTING THE CAVS SCORE THAT MUCH?

IT WAS TOO EASY.

FINALLY......with TWO MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME.

The Rockets finally played excellent defense and got it to 1.

Posey missed a free throw.

Francis made a terrible mistake.

Screwed the game.

WE NEED TO PLAY GOOD ALL THE TIME. We really need to wipe out teams. No need to be nice. We need to be whoopin butts. PLEASE.

No relaxation. They need to start winning. If they don't make the playoffs..........

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If he makes 3 staright shots during a stretch, it does not erase his 7-8 misses. You know, its not the misses that bother me, although he does miss a lot. What gets to me is that he can make the game so much easier for himself and his teammates. He can take better shots 75% of the time. A lot of his drives in the lane are wild, and they are very one dimensional. Honestly, How many times have you seen him pass the ball to an open big man in the lane on a drive, while he has 3 players collapsing on him? He takes tough shots with guys in his face on the perimeter, when he can make the extra pass and get his teamate an open look. He executes pick and roll with Ming and never EVEN ATTEMPTS to look for an open 7-5 guy rolling to the basket!!! Same goes for SF on this but CM is dumber imho.

We have the "Dumb and Dumber" squad playing for us :(

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

at least francis had more assists than turnovers (6:5)...good job franchise.
    after those big wins recently it was mobley in the paper saying stuff like "when we pass the ball around we are much better" and "we need to play like a team and trust in each other" blah, blah, blah.
    all talk and no action. they may try to play real team ball for a game or two, than revert back to their old ways. WHY CANT THEY LEARN!
    i know he had a great shooting nite, but did mobley have even one assist?

doesnt it make you feel all warm and tingly inside to know that we helped the cavs get over the "single didget win hump"?

arrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!

8. ming1111

ming1111 Member

I agree,I love Rudy but he has no emotion,it's like he doesn't care if the Rockets win or lose.Francis is great and yes he is turnover prone but Cat is way out of line with his wild shots(play horse on your own time Cat) and POSEY TAKING THAT STUPID THREE-POINTER!!!:mad: I had to watch it on the Cavs broadcast and just like everyone else says why doesn't Yao get the ball more? I don't know what Rudy is doing but I think its time for a coaching change !!! Com'on Losing to the worst team in the NBA with two starters in the all-star game!! It's gonna suck at work tomorrow because I vowed the Rockets would never lose to a team as sorry as the Cavs, any high school team could beat them. How much lower do the Rockets have to get before Clutch City becomes Choke City again? or are we already there!! No more excuses for the Rockets!! It's time to make the playoffs!!!!!!

9. UTweezer

hate to be the pessimist but even if the Rocks some how by an act of God, made the playoffs...we would be swept quickly.

10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Francis = turnover God

11. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Lottery here we come again. The schedule coming up is going to bury this team. It was essential they win these two games they just lost, especially against freaking scum-bucket Cleveland. After another playoff absence, there HAS to be a coaching change. If there isn't, Les doesn't care about this team and doesn't want this team to go anywhere, that's the only way I can see it.

12. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

And one other thing ... I hope we can get a coach like Gary Williams to come to the Rockets. I love the intensity that guy brings to the game EVERY singly game. He'll chew you out, no matter who you are ... star player or not.

I can't stand this passiveness. Again, I love Rudy T., and I love Stevie too, been following him since his days at Allegany ... but God, something has got to give.

Holden, yes ... they lost by only 3 points, but they should NOT have lost. We can't have moral victories game after game every year.

I'll also say it's not the fact that we lose that bothers me so much. I can take the losing if the team is showing that they are improving and playing smart ball, just don't see that happening. All teams lose, but as long as you know they left everything on the floor, it's bearable. You can say 'yeah, the other team played real well' Right now, we don't know if it was the other team, or was it us just not playing like a team, playing smart, insert whatever you want here.

13. UTweezer

besides james, who are the top 5 prospects?

maybe we should tank

14. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see the "old" ZRB back in fine form.

Hanging nothing back on you - here is my take after tonights debacle.

Fire Rudy. Now.

Trade Cat.
    Trade Eggie.
    Trade Moochie.
    Trade Rice.

That is all. You can fill in the justifications and excuse responses yourself. Death to no adjustments/ridiculous sub patterns/pisspoor game plan and death to pisspoor ingame decisions.

Die Die Die.

15. UTweezer

Rudy didn't some how hit Francis' arm and cause him to make that piss poor pass...

Rudy didn't cause James Poser to miss that free throw

bottom line...we made mistakes.

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

maybe you should keep up with current events.

we have no pick in this coming draft, it belongs to memphis.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Rockets don't have their first rounder this year.

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Exactly, the Rockets have this annoying tendency of not playing good defense early and letting the other team set the tempo. When they have to the Rockets start going on stretches of games doing this, and just when they're on the verge of becoming a top notch team they slack off again and we're back to square one. Somebody needs to tell this team to play defense from the start every night, that way they're fighting for a playoff position not a playoff spot. The Rockets have been one of the Top 5 field goal percentage teams all year and lo and behold they're a playoff team. They stop playing defense and they're on the verge of missing the playoffs. You think somebody would get to these guys and tell them that defense equals wins.

19. Thanos

Thanos Member

Can't wait to hear their excuses after this one.

"We are still learning"

yeah, sure.

A loss to the worst team in the league when the Lakers are getting hotter and hotter is just inexcusable.

Let's hope that after the Sacramento game and this one we've done enough showcasing to land a real power forward and maybe a pg too...

and yeah, it's hard to blame Rudy for this one.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

There's always a chance of Rockets getting another player like Mobley late in second round. God Forbid! :D