1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale's daughter Sasha has passed away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Nov 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. seahawk

seahawk Member

Condolences to the McHale family.
    RIP Sasha.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

The Rockets winning a championship won't bring his daughter back man.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

My condolences to the McHale family. Tragic.

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Just browsing her twitter feed... she had a pretty good sense of humor as well.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a> My dad wanted me to tell you that your soft and a mental midget Hahah he says you better retweet me. <a href="http://t.co/F4mRqnxb" title="http://twitter.com/SashaMcHale/status/200046448681816064/photo/1">twitter.com/SashaMcHale/st…</a></p>&mdash; Sasha McHale (@SashaMcHale) <a href="https://twitter.com/SashaMcHale/status/200046448681816064" data-datetime="2012-05-09T02:16:05+00:00">May 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

My thoughts and prayers are with Coach McHale and his family in this difficult time.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Wow. This is tragic, I can't even imagine what McHale and his family must going through right now. Losing a daughter that young, must be life shattering. Sincerely, my condolences go out to the McHale family.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The same age as my daughter. God. I so feel for him.

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Such terrible news. :(

9. Roddimus

Roddimus Member

My prayers go out to you Kevin Mchale and your family.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Man, that is just depressing and horrible, cant imagine how and his family are feeling.

Prayers and Condolences to McHale and his family and friends.

RIP Sasha.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is so sad. My prayers to Coach McHale.

12. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Sad news to wake up to; my condolences to the McHale family.
    RIP Sasha

13. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

Prayers and condolences to Kevin McHale and family.

14. Rockets_SMG24

Rockets_SMG24 Member

Sorry to hear this news today. I have a daughter and it hurts to read this as I look into my child face. No parent should have to bury their child before the parent. I'll be praying for your family. As a respect from the rockets they should wear a 22 patch for respect.

15. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

I'm so sorry for coach. Losing a daughter is beyond any loss or tradegy in sports. He should take all the time he needs off.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just saw that on the local news here in MN. She had played basketball at one of the local high schools here. Very sad to hear and condolences to the McHale family.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

So hard to lose one, much less one so young. Our family has been there as well. My condolences to the family and thoughts and prayers to them. I know it's unlikely that Mchale will read this message but I felt the need to say it anyway.

18. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

This is so terrible. Wish coach and his family the best.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ugh...so sad. I was happy to hear a few days ago that she was getting better. :(

You have a young girl like this, staying so positive about life...and then I go to the next thread where Royce White is on a self serving rampage on twitter. :rolleyes: Pisses me off even more now.

Condolences to McHale and his family...very tragic news.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here is the article from the Minneapolis StarTribune
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/180753311.html

Kevin McHale's daughter dies at age 23

She was a graduate of Totino-Grace High School, where she led her team in blocked shots when it won the state 3A girls' basketball tournament in 2008.

Sasha McHale, the daughter of Houston Rockets coach and former Timberwolves executive Kevin McHale, died on Saturday at age 23.

McHale has been on leave from his job as Houston's coach to be with Sasha as she battled the auto-immune disease lupus.

She was a graduate of Totino-Grace High School, where she led her team in blocked shots when it won the state 3A girls' basketball tournament in 2008.

In a statement released Sunday morning, Rockets owner Leslie Alexander said: “I extend my deepest condolences to Kevin and Lynn for the loss of their beautiful daughter, Sasha, on Saturday afternoon. Kevin and Lynn are loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time. Our entire organization is mourning the McHale family’s loss and we ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers.”

[​IMG]