1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

So the overtime from the Blazers' game when Lin was benched and it was Harden/Douglas backcourt is what you would like to see? Interesting. :)

2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Could he be Jose? :grin:

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

LOL... he'll next ask for a mistrial, pleading incompetent representation... :grin:

4. jose

jose Member

No. You can't comprehend apparently.

Morey did REALLY good on Asik and harden, but botched the dragic/lowry situation big time to take lin in favor of both of them.

Don't tell me it was on Lowry or Dragic cause money talks.

5. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Lol. Let's not scare him away. I'd like to see more DM-like analysis from him.:grin:

6. jose

jose Member

It's funny you guys are ignoring the part of his post which said "No knowledgeable basketball fan would argue Lin is better than Lowry", despite disagreeing with the advanced state part of his post, he's right on that part.

So that means Morey could have offered a superior player money but didn't in favor for an overhyped, fraud player based on superficial reasons. Money and talking it over like grown men with coach McHale would have solved everything.

Case closed.

7. Alex L.

Oh no... I would never even want to do that.

8. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I guess its not just the OT, its the whole game. And not just the Blazers game, its all the games.

Brilliant.

9. Alex L.

Yawn... Time for bed.

10. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

First I'm a Lin fan and I agree that Lowry is better than Lin NOW. And I think most of the Lin fans would agree that.

Second, that's why Morey is the GM, not you. All of Morey's offseason moves and the Harden trade shows that he's focusing on the future, not this or the next season! Lowry is probably a finished product and Dragic wanted a player option which is not good for the team going forward. With Lin, you have a very young player with huge potential and a healthy 3 year contract. Why not??

With Lin's work ethic, I doubt he will improve NOTHING in the following two years. He's already improved his defense significantly.

Anyway I understand that it's always hard to recover from a breakup :rolleyes:

11. Alex L.

Nah, my neighbour is 12, not 9 ;)

12. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Lin has been moving up the rankings

For PG -
    11th in assists
    4th in steals 2.3 (5th overall)
    1st in blocks 0.7
    2nd in rebounds 4.7

top 50 overall in defensive rating

not bad for the deceptively athletic dude who can't defend....

13. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Wow, a Lin fan with a 2002 date.

Now I've seen everything. ;)

14. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

I'm a Harden only hater :cool:

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

A HOH! :eek:

16. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Too bad all people care about is PPG. :rolleyes:

17. Lihao

Lihao Member

this , and also stats don't mean anything , because he's a big fail in their eye test

18. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

I guess he has to be top 5 in every categories only to be nominated in their test.:rolleyes:

19. slowturtle

slowturtle Rookie

Jeremy Lin is not a joke

What is a joke is the coaches. They are asking too many changes to too many players and not playing to their strength.

1. Asking Jeremy Linto be a spot 3 pt shooter. He is not a shooting guard, He is a PG. He needs to have the ball in hand. He can't be standing out there waiting on the ball. But then again, for some odd reason I see him hiding in the corner as if he doesn't want the ball. Maybe that was drawn up. If it is, coaches need some enlightenment.

2. Asking James Harden a point guard. The guys plays off the ball and now they asking him to run the offense. But then again I see the other players just giving him the ball as soon as they can.

3. Asking Asik to be a offense powerhouse. Here I am really shaking my head. A pick and roll player has to be able to roll towards the basket or make a mid range shot. Why he is setting the picks rather than Patterson or Morris makes the coaches look like they don't watch film. What in the world is Asik doing setting picks up high? He is should be down low for offense rebounds.

4. Stop the uptempo thing. The coaches act like a running/up tempo offense is like a cure all. Have they seen our starting 5? Do they look more athletic than other teams? Are our coaches high? They need to preach more skill and precision - CRAFTINESS.

5. Our Identity is our Forwards. First year I've covered the Rockets and so far the only solid is the Forwards. The ball needs to go into the Forwards. Then when the ball is kicked back out you let the guards goto work. Jeremy Lin should even be setting screens for Harden while the ball is low.

Bottom line is way too many changes by the coaches on the players. And not good changes. It almost looks like the coaches don't what film.

20. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Calvin Murphy doesn't think Lin is a joke and questioned Sampson's decision not to play him in OT against Portland. I would think that Calvin knows a great deal more about basketball than you do. This whole thread is unfortuately a joke and a waste of time.