1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Buzzfeed] ESPN references Princess Bride Again and Again and Again...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HI Mana, Nov 16, 2012.

1. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

This is fantastic. I look forward to the Bill Simmons Shawshank/Almost Famous Tribute on the Basketball-Pregame someday...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CP-RQkeXkf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a little bit on how this came to pass:

[rQUOTEr]
    Trey: There was no forethought to it at all [except] we had talked about that movie before. All three of us just really like that movie.
    Mark: It just happened very organically. It wasn't like we sat up and said, "Let's do this." A couple of weeks ago someone threw a quote out there.
    Trey: Tedy was on an NFL Live episode about a month ago and was the first one to bring in a reference. He said, "You know the Seahawks really have C.O.U.S., corners of unusual size." And I almost spit up laughing so hard when he said that. And last week we maybe dropped in one or two lines and then it just organically happened that day. We just sort of started.
    Mark: I think there's a bit of machismo that comes out when one guy does something funny, and the next guy does something funny. Then on the set you're just trying to one-up each other.
    Trey: It became like a competition to see who could do it the most or get the best one in there.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/a-two-man-oral-history-of-the-princess-bride-epi
    [/rQUOTEr]

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

LMAO. damn that was entertaining.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Very nice. Showed my 8 year old son the movie just last year. Just slowly feeding him all the classics.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

5. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

You know, ESPN, you finally did something right.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My name is JJ Watt.

you dropped back to pass.

prepare to die.

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

That was awesome.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Haha that was fantastic.