1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets being handed a playoff berth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocksMillenium, Feb 2, 2003.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Apparently the Lakers fans think so! They're accusing everybody in the league, particularly Dallas and especially the Kings of tanking games. They have gone bonkers accusing the Kings of laying down for the Rockets today.

There are a bunch of threads, especially on the ESPN message boards and the Lakers Talk board (http://38.118.133.180/forum/index.php) accusing the Kings of tanking today, but check out this beauty on LakersGround.net

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?topic=37025&forum=1&21

I don't know if the stress of having a 3-time world championship team looking up in the standings and being under-.500 is getting to them, but there have been Lakers fans all over the place accusing teams of tanking for the Rockets and Suns to make the playoffs. Weird.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That's great stuff for the integrity etc etc...Post Laker Syndrome coupled with several injuries meet good team on a good day. BTW -- what's the Laker-Rocket series standing at for this season?

3. RocksMillenium

Yeah, you would think they would realize that the Kings are coming off a letdown in a big game and are ridiculously banged up, and it doesn't help that the Rockets are a good team on a monsterous tear right now, but oh well. The Rockets-Lakers series this season is sitting at 2-0 Rockets and counting hopefully.

4. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I haven't read those threads but that's not a bad idea at all if I were the Mavs or Kings. Nothing to lose whatsoever by losing to the Rox and Suns and just about everything to gain. Although the Mavs are still 3-0 against so far, so I wouldn't call their case that it's actually happening overwhelming.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ummm...didn't the Mavs just kick our ASS? :rolleyes:

There is absolutely nothing more pathetic (NOTHING!) then a bandwagoning Faker fan in complete denial.

Kobe is God....wah wah wah
    Shaq is da do best....wah wah wah

6. carayip

carayip Member

Lakers fans are stupid. Have you read the Lakersground how they prefered Lebron James over Yao Ming? Regardless of their opinion, having this type of non-Lakers dicussion on a Lakers board was stupid in the first place.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nobody is ever handed a playoff spot. It's great to see us play so well over the last 2 games.Let's hope that they will keep up the good work on the road and make adjustments against better competition.

8. RocksMillenium

Not only did they just kick it, they kicked it TWICE in a one week span! Yeah, they SURE wanted us to make the playoffs! And I guess that means the Lakers are tanking to since the Rockets just beat them in a must win game for them a few weeks ago. And the Lebron/Yao thing? Let me see, who would I rather have, a 7-5 monster, who is putting up double-doubles like there is no tomorrow his rookie year and is starting in the All-Star game his rookie year, and is the only answer to Shaq, and who makes everybody around him better, or a high-school sensation who hasn't proven anything in the NBA? Hmmm. As a funny note, they think he could be as good as Kobe, yet it's Shaq who is the main engine behind the Lakers championship teams. When Kobe is the man the Lakers are under-.500, when Shaq is the man the Lakers are to be feared. That right there shows that a dominant big man is the way to go.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I want the five minutes of my live I wasted reading that stupid garbage on the Laker site. These people can not possibly be this stupid! :mad:

Why one of them was predicting that we would lose to the Wolves on Friday, then Sac today and again to the Wolves on Tuesday and hopefully to the Cavs on Thursday. And the Lakers would be Utah, Indiana, Sac and Denver. That way the Lakers would be tied with us before the All Star Break!!!!!

I mean WTF! :mad:

And the thing is, that its not only one idiot posting crap. One idiot might pos crap like that, but 90% of the other idiots actually start agreeing.

I think I am starting to hate them as much as the Jazz. :mad:

**** Fakers.

10. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

absolutely agree.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

You know, those threads make our 'trade Mobley/trade Francis/fire Rudy' threads look pretty damn good in comparison. :p

12. Timing

Timing Member

I suppose the Lakers lost twice to Houston because they're ducking the Kings and Mavs. Frikken morons... :rolleyes:

13. Heretic

Heretic Member

Come on now, you didn't expect a Lakers fan to have an intelligent opinion about anything did you? Those are the same people who think the refs don't favor LA in the playoffs.

14. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

These posts crack me up :p

15. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I was kind of accusing Kings for handing a win to Lakers yesterday.

16. ewfd

ewfd Member

FUKC THE LAKERS AND THEIR FUKCING FANS

17. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

yo, their board is a JOKE. I mean, can't they suck it up and deal with it.. they might get to the playoffs.. but not by overtaking the rockets! haha, the rockets will overtake the 7th or 6th seed, and the lakers might get to the 8th. Either way, the Lakers are going to face Dallas or Sac in the first round.. and umm.. i think both teams are going to spank em.

18. walterw

walterw Member

For Lakers getting inot playoffs, they have to win games.
    Nobody is going to help them just like nobody to Rockets.
    Lakers fans should know better many people don't like them.

19. Fichte

Fichte Member

:D just signed myself up and posted in that forum. I fully expect to be banned within the next 12 hours, given my provocative handle.

Radical Subjectivity

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We don't need Sac and Dallas throwing games for us to make the playoffs... we need Chicago and Atlanta to start throwing games for us. :D

Seriously, if the Lakers really are the team they claim to be, they should be able to catch us regardless of any corruption on the part of Sacramento or Dallas. You know the Lakers are in a pretty dire spot when their fans hope to make the playoffs on a technicality instead of the play on the court.