1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

What a wasted pick.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not quite sure I understand what the point of all the tweeting is at this point. People understand what he's TRYING to do, but I don't think ANYBODY agrees with the way he's going about doing it. He's not building bridges here. He's blowing them up.

3. halfling131

halfling131 Member

what's his point with the calendar, that he doesn't have meetings with doctors scheduled?

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm guessing he wanted to show that there were no scheduled appointments for a meeting with any team doctors? I'm not exactly sure though....

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

He keeps deleting tweets, he just deleted the CONFIDENTIALITY~ one, that boy is a mess.

Royce's mom, come get your son.

6. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

werd.........white b dumb az hell

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Neither the blowing up of bridges nor the feeling that one is absolutely in the right while doing so is not uncommon among those of us that aren't right in the head.

Crazy people act crazy. And I'm pretty sick of the half-understanding posts. The ones that go something like, "I understand he's ill and he has my sympathy but maybe things would work out better if he wasn't such a baby." Being 'such a baby' is part of the illness. Would you say to a person in a wheelchair, "I'm really sorry about your injury but I just can't understand why you can't run with one leg."

Of course this is all rather a moot point to me. I've never seen any player play in a Rockets uniform this year. Les Alexander had to get richer instead.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I GUARANTEE you that every time Royce Sends a tweet, the Rockets have someone that immediately copies the tweet for a just in case moment. When you write something on the internet, its there in ink, not pencil.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't see "Take to twitter and overshare incessantly for 5 straight hours" on this schedule.

:confused:

Maybe that's why he deleted it.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think to show that he didn't start his tantrum b/c they told him he's being sent down to d-league.....the calendar is supposed to prove that he was supposed to travel with the team this week, and therefore his tantrum is due to some other vague reason he has to tweet disclose as of yet

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

I can't believe this thread has 82,000 views. You guys are obsessing over a Rookie basketball player which has no real bearing on the direction of this team. What else do you guys do with your time?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That calendar doesnt prove anything...its looks like a generic schedule that's the same for everyone. They just put different names on it.

yes, they are called Clutchfans :p

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

very true. No need to hire anyone internally, they have a few 1,000 compliance officers already working for them.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

WAIT, guys I've discovered the problem:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See his calendar has it marked as "Wednesday, 11/15" - today is 11/14... *classic* mixup! This will be all sorted out soon.

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/pti">pti</a> Narcissistic! Yea if that means "Have courage and stand up for yourself." I'll be that 24/7, but I doubt that's the definition. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23ComeOn">#ComeOn</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268850784572145664" data-datetime="2012-11-14T22:59:56+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I have done research, I have a couple of friends that have dealt with similar issues... They didnt blame others and get pissed when others did not meeting all their demands! Try not making accusations you can't back up!

I'm not saying he doesn't have a real issue! I'm saying he is handling his issue like a spoiled brat!

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's a compelling story. Royce White was/is trending on Twitter for a reason.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#1438 Amel, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  19. opticon

opticon Member

The Nba is not for this guy. Its easier to get past anxiety when you are the best player on the floor and coaches cater to you because you can help them make the NCAA tournament and eventually get a better coaching job.

It pains me to say it because I thought he could be a great bench player for us.

20. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Time to cut losses. GAD is a treatable disorder. Delusion is something else entirely. That's also treatable but the meds will make him useless as a player.