1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the REAL Rockets fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pelusillo, Feb 1, 2003.

1. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

I know I have not been a member of the forum for a long time, but I can't help to see the type of TOPICS that are being discussed.

This website is one of the best, if not the BEST, fan website for any athletic squad!! Yet the only thing I read is how much fans love to complain about the Rockets.

If it is not:

-FIRE RUDY
    -TRADE CUTTINO
    -NOW DO YOU REGRET TRADING JEFFERSON for GRIFFIN?
    -YAO HAS PEAKED

I might as well start a topic that is titled:
    DO YOU REGRET NOT DRAFTING JORDAN?
    DO YOU REGRET TRADING CASSELL AND HORRY?

DEAL WITH IT!! It happened already! JUST SUPPORT WHAT WE HAVE!!

C'mon Rocket fans have some faith!! We are not going to become a team with the first pick- to the NBA FINALS!

If you look back at Coaches, trades, even picks...every team has had a BAD ONE...even more than once.

Look at Atlanta, so many trades and they suck!!
    Toronto let McGrady go!!
    Orlando let SHAQ go!!

For the Rockets sake we have had good and bad deals. But that is the way the NBA is!

Who know maybe LeBron James gets injured and ends up being a GRANT HILL or PENNY HARDAWAY. Or he might end up being the next Michael.

Rocket fans lets stay postive. We get nothing by complaining and wanting to trade the entire team. We have potential, no body in their right mind will deny that. We are the second youngest team in the league. And yeah it is a valid point that Francis and Mobley are 'veterans' but please note that our team performs at best when our YOUNG CHINESSE ROOKIE is touching the ball.

We will win championships in the following years, but let's not bang our heads on the wall with every loss and mildy praise our team with every win.

Yesterday was an incredible display of BASKETBALL. Yet some 'fans' mentioned the fact that the TimberWolves had played the night before.

So what do you want??!! Rockets to go on a 82-0 season!!

As the All-Star break approaches, lets make this forum an encouraging and supporting one!!

We are the 6th MAN, so please let's act like it.

GO ROCKETS!!

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I don't get it.

What are we supposed to do?

Just Rejoice?!?!?!?

IT WOULD BE WORSE TO HAVE A THOUSAND THREADS OF PEOPLE JUST SAYING YAY WE WON!!! OR YAY!!! WE ARE SO GOOD!!! WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM!!! It is lovely and we are fans, but that would be boring.

But it is also pretty bad to have numerous threads of complaining. But what else is there to discuss?

Everyone is just satisfied? We need to talk about something! Not just Yeah! We won! We have a good team! Yao is the best! Steve Francis is the greatest! Rudy is the most intelligent coach ever! Cuttino makes so many shots! James Posey is very fast!

3. kountzer

kountzer Member

a lot of haters, who prolly can't fart and chew gum at the same time, love to hide behind a monitor screen and complain about certain players on the team. I guess it makes them feel better or something.

4. smoothcat

smoothcat Member

I come here and read what people have to say, but rarely do I post anything. I have to agree with you to an extent, some people here in this board just go looking to post smart a _ _ remarks, especially if some of the topics are redundant. But hey thats what makes the world go around.

5. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

I agree with you that maybe the FORUM will not be as popular if we would just 're-joice'.

But I think like the THREAD we had during the Lakers-Rockets game was incredible!

I beleive as fans, yeah it is very common to get frustated, one puts in so much time and money into the team. You want to get something back.

But it just dissapoints me that ALMOST all the threads are just negative.

Why don't talk about Match-Ups with the next opponent. Possible trades is also a great topic, but for the improvement of the team, not because 'MOBLEY is the worst!!' or 'Moochie's afro is too big'. Why don't we first look at what we need, then thinking what we have to get rid of.

How do you think Drexler ended up with us, or Barkley. We needed the players at that time.

I appreciate your reply and yeah I agree that I might have gone overboard on the 'be positive'. I only think that as fans we shouldn't spend our time HATING the team. That's all.

GO ROCKETS!!

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Well sure. I think it would be much bettr if we talked about match ups. That would be more entertaining...it's better than just saying Rockets will win. Or Mavs will win. We should analyze the game INTENSELY...LIKE ERIC MUSSELMAN. HAS ANYONE SEEN THEIR RECORD?!?!? They may make the playoffs! Read the article about him in Sporting News Magazine.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Kinda doubtful. They would have to beat out someone currently in the top 8 and the Lakers. That will be tough to do.

8. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I guess. Too bad he decided to develop his team too late. Next year, they will be fresh with a nice team and Earl Boykins. They are really a good team. They even beat the Rockets! :eek:
    Anyways, he has done a much better job with the Warriors than John Lucas did with the Cavaliers.

We are the real Rockets fans! There is no one as crazy as us! We are crazy enough to post about the Rockets on a message board! Those are pretty loyal fans to me. If they didn't care about the Rockets, they wouldn't post. :)

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

It's not a popular thing to be, but I'm the proverbial homer.

Don't shoot.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

But you have to understand, Moochie's fro IS too big, it's distracting to his teamates and himself. And carrying that extra weight around has got to slow him down some.

Actually I agree with you completely, if the only things you can come up with to talk about are negative, then you have problems and need to learn to enjoy the game more. Like you said there's so much you can talk about like match ups or plays that we run or could run. Constructive criticism instead of constant b****ing.

11. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

Everything that was in the first post is summed up in that sentence. Precisely the point I was trying to get across.

ps-regarding Moochies fro...his velocity has been compromised...:D

GO ROCKETS!!

12. Miggidy Markell

I find it hard to justify why alot of people on the board want to trade Steve and Cuttino when they are one of the best backcourts in the league. Cuttino hasn't had a great year like he did last year but he is getting more assists. Steve is an unbelievable player, he may have a problem with turnovers and passing but the guy has a great jump shot and unstoppable at getting to the hoop. I have a big feeling that after the all-star break these guys are going to explode and we will have a few 6+ game winning streaks. Seriously, who thought this team would have this potential by midway through the season? I didn't!

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Welcome to cc.net...

It's ok to be a "homer."
    But don't be a "sun-shine-ass, happy-happy, joy-joy to the world homer..."

It's ok to be a "basher."
    But don't be a "the sky is falling, fire the whole Rockets staff, Armageddon is here, basher..."

Both are too extreme.

#13 DavidS, Feb 2, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  14. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I for one would be happy if the Rockets did little, I'm fairly content with the Rockets situation and potential for the future. I would change the amount of pt in the game for Nachbar and ideally would want to get rid of Moochie.

Not to sound evil or anything but I hope Glen Rice stays injured for the remainder of the season. I'd also like to see Tito get sum action but not until he's ready of course.