1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get to Work, Jerome Solomon: White, Motiejunas, Machado joins Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 12, 2012.

1. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Donatas is gonna be pissed...

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

D-League seems a waste of Motiejunas' talents honestly. Royce White is a special case. Machado went undrafted, he's definitely the most fitting of being in D-League.

3. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

D-Mo's body is not ready by any means, this guy will get killed by opposing forwards.

His post game needs "alot" of refining also, nice intentions, but alot of wasted movement. D-League will be good for him.

4. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

The Rockets have had at least one guy on the All-NBADL teams since Morey became GM.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It's the right move for all 3. If they develop accordingly one or two of our 4s get moved at the deadline or in the offseason.

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Hope Machado shows he's ready for the backup PG role.

7. Grape_Swisha281

Rockets are the best team in the league when it comes to using their NBDL team as a actual minor league system where the players get minutes they wouldnt be getting and also more of the focus on them. I love it. I definitely think it helped Marcus Morris out a lot.

8. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Donatas goes from the Euroleague to iso scrub ball in middle America with second rate stat sheet stuffers, in less than 6 months... sure he will not be loving this.

9. cbk41

cbk41 Member

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Compared to most D-League squads, that team will be fun as hell to watch.

11. bmd

bmd Member

I have an anxiety disorder and panic attacks. It's all under control for the most part, and I don't take any medication for it (because I don't need to).

Having said that... it doesn't really change your personality. I'm a goofball and I like to joke around and I talk to people like I would before I had an anxiety issue. People like me (and Royce) weren't born with it. It is just something that develops in some people. We're still the same now that we have an issue as before we had that issue.

It started in high school and hit me out of nowhere. There wasn't really anything that caused it... which is what is odd about it. And I'm a normal guy who grew up playing sports... not some weirdo or oddball person that you normally would think of with an issue like that.

Engaging with people and reading tweets have nothing to do with the anxiety disorder.

12. Super Lintendo

NBA players aren't paid to play in the D-League. They can turn down the request to play there.

13. mirus

mirus Member

Thanks carl.
    I'll try to watch some d league games.Where can i find them?

14. TheresTheDagger

Greg and Marcus need to tell those guys to work hard and be patient...just like they did last year.

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Good news, they need PT and to toughen up. The D League is no joke, rough and tumble.

16. Arthurprescott2

I keep hearing this over and over again. Is it that bad? People make it sound like they are going to boot camp or doing a stint in prison. I've never watched a D-League game. Is the play that rough/physical?

17. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

D-Moted

6 people like this.
  18. HardLin

HardLin Member

It'll be good for them. D-mo looks the most talented on offense, but still plays matador defense, which is really bad for an interior defender. Machado needs more D, and more scoring, but on this team just being able to hit a 3 now and then would be enough. White has looked lost on both ends. Missing training camp really set him back.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think it's good that he is going to the D league to get some playing time instead of just sitting on the bench and hopefully he will be brought back up and have a shot a some real playing time before the year is over.
    It looks to me like he has the best post game on the Rockets, I'm sure he needs to improve but there are other that need more refining than him.

20. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

I pissed off with McHale logic, I can realize D-Mo has no defense no, but his ability to score is insane, you HAVE TO GIVE DAT KID a chance, but not a 5min NBA experience. I wish Donatas will back in Europe and show how he can play, why he deserves playing time and more. The good thing is that Morris was D-Mo, in the same situation and now he is better he gets a playing time and etc. But Donatas NOW is more talented than Morris...