1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Subway: Seafood & Crab sub

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fadeaway, Jan 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Has anyone tried one of these? Is it any good? I was all set to order one the other day, but I chickened out at the last minute and got my 'usual' instead (Turkey & Ham with lettuce, onion, tomato, green pepper, olives, honey mustard, s&p).

Maybe next time.

2. Summer Song Giver

I don't think it's real crab meat but instead a mixture of disgarded fish parts made to look like crab meat. It's rubbery and generally gross so it's got that going for it.

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I have not personally eaten one, but it is funny that you mention this because a couple of friends and I went to Subway last night, and I asked this very question.

One of my friends loved it. One said it was pretty mediocre.

So one positive and one neutral review. Order just a six inch of it, and if you don't like it, get a six inch "usual." Just do it once, who knows you might love it.

Also, ask the person behind the counter. If there manager is not there, they will often give you a really honest opinion of what they think about it.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Used to work at Subway, it's processed seafood, like a weiner is processed meat. It does include Crab

The Subway I worked at, we weren't allowed to eat those are steak and cheeses. Imagine that. Like we were going to eat one everyday.

As far as the taste, its okay, if you like seafood. It actually does taste like crabmeat.

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Don't do it man! I tried one once...eeechh!!! Just say NO!!!:eek:

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Personally I like them. Eat 'em all the time.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I like them too. A couple of hints though, don't get them with oil and vinegar. It makes 'em taste wierd. Also don't get them with mustard.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like them, tastes real good. Probably has a lot more fat though.

9. red

red Contributing Member

duh its imitation crab meat. taste good. too expensive for imitation crap meat.

dont be a major wuss...buy it and try it.

10. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Fadeaway, I’m stunned! Shocked! The man lives in one of the world’s snow crab capitals, and he’s considering eating Pollack marinated in chemicals!?! Oh sure, it may look tempting in the pictures, but what if someone found out? It's just not worth it. Think of your reputation man. What would your parents say! ;)

11. Buck Turgidson

Fast-food "seafood" is never a good idea.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Never say never!
    [​IMG]

13. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I'm with AstroRocket. Those things kick ass. I fix 'em just like a regular sub and they rule.

14. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

This is where the man lives … and he wants to eat artificial crab … !?! If I lived where you do fadaway I’d be eating fresh seafood until I grew gills … or a shell. ;)

edit: rats! Blocked my pictures. I'll find more.

15. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Heh.. I've had prenty of the good stuff too. In fact, I have two 1 lb blocks of leg meat in the freezer right now. :cool: Unfortunately, all of our whole in-shell stuff is gone.

But anyway, for me the sub isn't a substitute for real seafood, but just a new Subway taste experience. I just wanted to find out how many people here have tried it and what they thought.

Besides, imitation crab is underrated. It's really not that bad. :)

16. Holden

Holden Member

and for 1000, Holden says...

eat the seafood and crab sub...
    i used to eat it all the time last year in austin, there was a subway right by my place..
    its pretty good

have you seen those commercials with Jared and his wife. the commercial that goes.."subway has changed my life, i have a yard to keep, i have chores to do "..and all that r****ded garbage...
    anyway, jareds wife looks pretty decent looking..it shows them eating some subways at a candlelight dinner...

this has to be the dumbest commercial ever made. who cares about this guy? ok he lost some weight..i understand that. maybe show him as a fat guy, and then show him now, but i just dont see why they made him the spokesman for 6 years.
    hes just some dorky looking guy....

my point is i think jared did a pretty good job getting a wife...i wouldnt really expect this chump to get someone as goodlooking as her. not that shes really really hot or anything but he just did a good job with what he had to work with..

anyway eat the seafood and crab. its good.

17. red

red Contributing Member

sho only married him for his lifetime subway card...