1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VIDEO: Detroit Pistons vs Houston Rockets Post Game 11/10/12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L11mox3ngd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please Comment, Rate, and Subscribe on YouTube.
    Thanks.

p.s. we will be on air live from Ragin Cajun 9600 Westheimer Rd. and Gessner from 7-10PM CST today for our Sunday Night Football; Houston Texans at Chicago Bears Viewing Party. Feel free to drop by and/or tune in Sports790.com or iHeart.com. Call in (713) 212-5790.

2 people like this.
  2. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

make him head coach plskthx

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He seems very honest and direct with his evaluation of the players. I like it.

4. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Am I mistaken or did the coach say that he thought Tony Douglas was better at getting the ball out in transition that Lin and that he thought Douglas was a better match up against the opposing back-up PG? :eek:

Shows just how little he thinks of Lin. Hope he revisited his views on that after watching Lin run the offense tonight.

5. durvasa

He said he thought Douglas matched up better against Bynum's speed and the up-tempo style of play. He also said that Lin was a better half-court PG.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I love how he calls out PPat for not rebounding. PPat is an amazing player who really extended his range and improved his post game. If only he could rebound.....at least now we as fans know that there is know excuse for PPat not rebounding.

7. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

He said: 'Tony naturally gets the ball out faster than Jeremy.' Let's not play semantics... what he said was pretty clear, apart from the comments on Bynum, which are nonsense anyway, he was/is under the impression that DOUGLAS is a better option to initiate the offence in transition than Lin... to which I can only shake my head.

But that's what we've been seeing the last few games. When Lin has been on the court Harden plays PG, when Douglas is on the court, Douglas plays PG and Harden plays SG.

So the coaches have been prejudging Lin... before the season even got going.

1 person likes this.
  8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The Rockets had 5 fast break points @ Memphis.

9. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

patterson's post game was better in his rookie year, ever since then he's just been a spot up shooter.im not going to believe that he improved his post game

10. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

This is interesting, because according to advance stats, Lin was very good in the half court last year, but not that great on transition. It seems counter-intuitive, maybe? In an interview I read, Lin was asked about it, and he seemed surprised too.

Maybe Sampson understands something... I don't know honestly.

I wonder if anyone truly understands Lin's strengths. He was very good in isolations last year, but he's a terrible spot-up shooter. Just let Lin be Lin.

2 people like this.
  11. durvasa

Haralabos Voulgaris, the sports better/stats guy who studies all the tendencies of players and live tweets NBA games most nights, commented on twitter the other day that he didn't think Lin was the right PG for playing a high-pace, fast-breaking style. Take that for what its worth.

12. mirus

mirus Member

Yeah last year he was turning the ball over at a high rate according to one grantland article.I think he improved but would like to have synergy numbers this year compared t last year.then again,we might need to increase the sample size to know about it.

I thought Sampson was referring to defense matchup rather than offensive.(Dunno)

13. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Then the Knicks really should have matched him then, and let him play in Woodson's half court style.

It seems people don't believe he's good in the half court, when stats show he was very good at it.

14. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Lin is way better than TD at everything

15. Ahorton0222

Ahorton0222 Member

Very random.... please dont hate me. Those shoes Wale had on!!!! Can anyone tell me what they are???

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Tnx, I like Sampson's honesty and you can see this one game that has a better feel for the game and knows what it takes to coach. I really wouldn't mind if McHale decides he's had enough in a few weeks and Sampson takes over.

17. munco

munco Member

TD is not a better matchup against anyone than Lin. Not sure what Sampson is on. And Bynum only played 13 minutes anyways.

18. sidestep

sidestep Member

if Rox are not going to use Lin as a PG, he might as well be traded for better value. he's of little use as a spot up shooter who occasionally gets to bring the ball up court.

#18 sidestep, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

We're talking about Tony Douglas here right? The same Tony Douglas we've all been watching absolutely stink up the court pretty much every time he's played. The same player that was reviled by the Knicks fans.

For the coaches to prefer him to Lin shows just how little they think of their $8 million/year point guard. What does this kid have to do for people to give him a chance?

As for the Grizzlies game, I think it's hard to score fast break points when your getting so badly outrebounded all the time. The entire team was poor in that game, though again Lin was made to camp in the corner. But I still don't find a way of logically getting from that to Sampson thinking that Douglas is going to create better breaks in transition?

Also... if they think Lin is supposedly a better half court player then why is it that as soon as they get into the half court game he's asked to pass to Harden and go stand in the corner?

It just seems like they simply don't value Lin as a player at all, though I'm hoping what Sampson saw vs the Pistons makes him rethink their strategy.

20. passdarock

passdarock Member

Good video. Thanks for posting.
    First off, Sampson did a great job coaching this team. While this is first game coaching the rockets and beating the pistons, its worth nothing that the rocketz had a 15-20 point lead for most of the game while mchales rockets where going back and forth with lead changes. I understand there were other factors to consider with this comparison, but as the reporters said the team seemed more fluid than in the past. With that said, I look forward to more rockets games under k. Sampson.