1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale taking a leave of absence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Nov 10, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Some people here are disgusting.

2. koopa

koopa Member

I'm sick of his philosophy on roookies. I very much prefer losing with the rookies getting experience than playin 12 players and losing and getting outplayed and also playing badly without any rookies in there.

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

My sincere hope that his daughter or whoever in his family was having issues gets back to full health soon.

Regardless of how I feel about McHale as a coach, I wish no ill on anyone's family. He seems to have a competent staff so I think the team will be fine.

4. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

I though the thread topic was about "Kevin McHale taking a leave of absence" and not
    about his coaching ability? If people want to judge his coaching, there's plenty other threads for that.

To OP: All I read and watched was that Mchale had to take care of "personal matter"
    didn't say what about, but if it's really his daughter or anyone of his family being sick, then I really hope they get well soon, cus I've been there. It hurts.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Clutch just banned several people for stuff like this, adn you come in and do the same damn thing?

This is about a personal issue with his daughter that the coach is dealing with , AND we already have several threads dedicated to how much yall cant stand him.....why didnt you put this thoguht in one of those?

Cause you are a classless idiot.

6. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

lol wat? he talked about him as a coach, not as a person, how is that ****ing offensive?

7. sando

sando Member

All my wishes to his family.

8. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

The desensitization of America continues to get worse. This thread is an example. And kid yourselves not, it isn't just here on Clutchfans, it's all around our society. It seems everyone is more concerned trying to be a comedian, than wanting to be a human being.

Kevin McHale is taking care of family business, and the Rockets let him go tend to that.

Good luck to him.

1 person likes this.
  9. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Because this isn't the thread for that moron.

10. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Haaaaaaa stop acting like a prat.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't McHale still run the team while away? He could tell the assistants what he wants done before he left or real quickly through a simple phone convo.

With that said, I hope everything is well at Minny.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

My thoughts exactly! I see this more as spin and for letting McHale bow out. I will be shocked if he comes back honestly. It is a very uncommon occurence for a coach to leave his team unless something has happened to him physically.

If something bad has happened to a member of his family then I wish them all the best. . . . . I'm just skeptical that's all.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Spin.... are you serious???.... His daughter is seriously ill. Reporters outside of Houston have reported extensively about this tonight. I hope you have no idea whats happening and take this crap right back. If not, you are an embarrassment to the Rockets fan community and the city of Houston.

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Um coaches/players leave their team all the time when something personal to them happens.

McHale is not in the hot seat. You know why? Because we aren't the Lakers. We're a small basketball town with a so-so fanbase. We are in a rebuilding year and aren't in any pressure to win right now.

The Lakers have 4-5 HoFers on their. The Rockets still don't know whether their players are stars or flashes in the pan. Two completely different scenarios. Anyway McHale is safe this year.

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Prayers are with him, his family, and more importantly his daughter. Thank Goodness we have one of the best medical centers in the world here. TCH is also a leader, and there couldn't be a better place if that is who is treating her. They saved my life when I was younger, so I know firsthand how much of a blessing it is so have so many talented doctors so close. Family is always first above all else. Some people on here need to remember that.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

FWIW, his daughter is actually in Minnesota.

17. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Wish the best for McHale and his family and hope his daughter gets well soon.

I also wish McHale would find another job with another team. Maybe the Lakers?

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Did not know that. Well the Mayo clinic is good as well. Either way, praying that her Docs are able to treat her.

19. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I hope you're wrong. As much as I think he needs to be replaced...no to Mike Brown.

Anyway, hope all is well with his family

20. shoops

shoops Member