1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate Kelvin Sampson's coaching vs Pistons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miracles Boys33, Nov 10, 2012.

?

Rate on how the coaching was tonight

1. 10 everything was perfect and everybody played together and our rookies played great

100 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. 5:ehh better then what we expected

139 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 0: nothing changed,to many turnovers,still having rotation problems

39 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Coach of the year candidate. Better than Phil Jackson.

2. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

C- don't forget we played the worst team in NBA

He left harden in for way too long even when the game was out of reach. Kept on playing Douglas, with Lin on the bench even when the game was close.

I mean you don't treat Lin like he is a D-league player - I don't know what Lin did to earn his ire, but Lin did much more good than bad in this game even with limited playing time

3. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

@clutchfans: Kelvin Sampson did not talk to McHale about decision to play Terrence Jones. Feels team rebounded poorly vs MEM, wanted to give Jones a shot.

Looks good to me.

4. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Where's the " wait til a couple more games" option?

5. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I definitely prefer Sampson's style of coaching. It reminds me of Popovich where he sets a very high bar for his players.

6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Sampson reminded me or Larry Brown tonight, with all of that finger waving he did.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Hello. First it is the Pistons. The Rockets won as they should.

Second when McHale coaches he is just the most prominent coach. Same with Sampson. Same with Finch. There are decisions that are made by committee, and they will be carried out. There is a game plan. All of the coaches will stick to it.

So your poll yet further promotes the misconception that "the head coach decides everything". It is a coaching by consensus. You damn McHale and you also damn his staff.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I want Sampson as head coach man...

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sampson didn't consult McHale when he decided to played T. Jones...

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah so when an head coach gets fired and the assistant takes over and ends up being the coach of that team for years then that just happens huh...

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yeah. Because it was in the game plan. Get a blow out then play the rookies. Come on this is not rocket science. Just common sense.

12. SupeR2706

SupeR2706 Member

Finally a COACH acknowledges that PPat is not rebounding. Let him earn his mibutes until he can play like an actual PF! B :grin:

13. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

C+...don't know why he benched Lin in the last minutes of the 2Q when the game was still very close. Thought?

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Uhmmm. I don't know how to respond to this. Just don't sit on your thumb waiting for McHale to be fired.

15. split41

split41 Member

Did he say this? I'm liking Sampson more already. I don't want to be a patterson hater, but 2pat is just too soft and not good enough.

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Obviously you didn't watch the game. Terrance was playing from beginning to end.

17. AbrahamLincoln

That's not accurate. Jones played all 6 of the mop up minutes when we were up big. He also got in a little in the first half. He only played 12min.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

All of 12 whole minutes. Less than Morris, less than Delfino, less than Douglas. With a less than impressive line. But I will admit the 2 blocks were encouraging and I am all for playing him when the coaching staff deems it appropriate. Hey, all I am saying is that people speculating that Sampson did anything other than coach the game plan are totally off base, have no evidence, and are putting forth nothing but speculation. It has the same credence as me if I stated "McHale is going to be replaced by the Zen Master".

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It was still meaningful minutes and not garbage time.

20. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

B 1.develop rookies 2.play pg as a pg