1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 11/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. I am sticking by my 34-48 prediction. Trust me I am calm.

2. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

One thing I learned from this game is that pistons blow... Okay all kidding aside, I did glean some info having watched every single rocket game this season thus far.

Jeremy Lin MUST be the primary ball handler. He is being wasted when he just hands Harden the ball and camps out in the corner. Things seems to happen when he stays aggressive and looks to penetrate to either take it for a easy score or set up a teammate for a shot. Despite the minimized minutes, I saw flashes of this and this needs to do more of this. He is a much better point guard than harden and he needs to play as such.

Harden's gaming is suffering because he handles the ball so much. He is making too many TO's. When he has the ball, everyone is just standing around knowing that he will likely take the shot. He is much better scorer than Jeremy than he needs to play as such.

And lastly, TD sucks.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Liked lin running the game, harden getting it going, asik looking to score, bench played well..

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Oh, so we got a POF too, huh? BAN! :p

5. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

OMG was that a compliment for Lin? You are finally seeing the light? One can only hope.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Blocks for the season:
    Patterson-2
    Jones-2

7. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

I take nothing away from this game. lol it was against the pistons. 2 out of 3 games we won was against the pistons. Ill miss them :(

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I praise people when they deserve it.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

That back door cut by Lin to Harden we saw that in the first two games. Then they took the ball out of Lin's hand we never saw it again. Then they put it back in Lin's hand & we see the back door cut. Please Rockets learn from this. I get that there wil be some times when Lin gets sloppy then let Harden take over. But until then good things happen when the ball is in Jeremy's hands. He should be averaging 10 assits easily if guys just converted on shots.

Patrick Patterson was frustrating today. Omer is getting better offensively & his defense is just so good.

10. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Lol, I like the positive thinking from you, keep it up:grin:

11. kumakun

kumakun Member

Thank you, I thought I was the only one that noticed McFail never played Jones and there seemed to be a love-fest for Patterson(who I absolutely hate).
    I think Jones could be as good as an Anthony Davis I mean 12 minutes and 2 blocks? That's some toughness to him. It was a great game by the Rockets only because this wasn't like the first game of Rockets Harden Hero-ball but more of team ball movement and letting everything touch the ball.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

In the post game presser, Sampson called out PPat on his lack of rebounding and that's why Sampson put in TJ.

Seems like his philosophy on the rookies is different than McHale, he said he didn't really talk with McHale about rookies getting PT about this game before McHale left.

#1172 v3.0, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

My eyes refuse to register what I'm reading.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Patt needs to learn alot from Asik how to boxout even a guards like lin and harden get more boards then him

15. SuraGotMadHops

Sampson is all business in the post game interview, I like his attitude.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Harden need to tone down his turnover. I think he average like 5 or 6 turnovers/game. People talk about Lin turnover last year, but Harden has been turning over twice as much this year.

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I think Lin is finally turning him. Who knows may be he will end up being LOF by the end of the season ;)

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Asik is such a beast on D. I'm pretty excited about his future with the Rockets. He NEEDS a complimentary PF who can box out, rebound AND SCORE. That would be a great two-headed monster. Thats why an Asik-Jones or even Asik-DMO tandem starting would be a great complimentary team. I think D-Mo prob. still has a ways to go on Defense and he'll need to bulk up some more but Jones could be that guy.

PPAT would then be all right coming off the bench parking his a** on the 3-point line.

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

That is because they are giving Harden primary ball handler/ PG duties. He is a scorer - he needs to stick with what he does best and Jeremy with what he does best - which is to create shot for his teammates or himself.

20. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

When will we play the Pistons again??
    As we are now officially the Pistons killer!! ....oh wait, so does the rest of teams in the NBA.

Joking, glad we got this one and see the rookies contribute! Hoping for more TJ in the future.