1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trade Cuttino Mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bottlerocket, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I say trade Cuttino Mobley for a real power forward if possible or a premier point guard and put Steve Francis at 2 guard postion. Steve is a scorer not a passer nor creator. The point guard should think pass 1st then score. This will maximum Steve's scoring ability.

Remember Steve didn't play the point in college.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You should post more.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It's like people don't even read the board anymore...

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Revolutionary thinking! There's a job waiting for you in the news media, son.

5. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

You may be able to get a PG for Cutturnover but no team is going to traded a starting PF for a guard. Teams don't trade big for small. Now a package of Cuttino and Griffin may be able to get you a starting caliber PF.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Who came up with the nickname "Cutturnover"? That's f***ing hillarious.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Were your other 2 posts as brilliant as this one?

8. coonhunter

coonhunter Member

9. BALLhog 247 365

shareef abdur rahim...

10. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

Cuttino Mobley, Steve Francis and Yao Ming will bever be traded away from houston. You all need to relax and watch the team grow. He will either retire as a rocket or if things get bad, he may leave as a free agent in his later years to play for his home of Philly. He will NEVER be traded away. You are just wasting your time.

11. KingDaddy

KingDaddy Member

WOW, that's never been suggested! Lets explore this post in full. Perhaps there's something to this.:rolleyes:

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Let trade cat for uuuhhhh, let see, how about Tim Duncan? Yea, thats it, Tim Duncan. The spurs need someone to back up steven jackson and help Ginobili with his NBA transition...yea, that'll work.

TD for mobley straight up should work. It might be a little hassel...cap wise and all, but if we asked David Stern to bend the rules this one time we might catch a break. Pleeeeease Mr. Stern!

13. dttd888

dttd888 Member

I know you're being sarcastic about Mobley for TD straight up. Spurs will laugh in your face. But i do like the the idea of Mobley for a great 1. This has been exhausted before, but Francis does need to go back to the 2, look at AI. The 1 has to get that ball to Yao, and he'll get it over to Francis if need be. Mobley is valuable, but not Duncan valuable.

14. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

It is good to see the Newbie Welcoming Committee in full swing:)

Keep it up guys!

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

has nobody noticed that Steve Francis's apg are steadily rising and his shooting percentage is the best it's ever been? Gary Payton never averaged 10 apg until this season! Are you going to tell me he should have been playing shooting guard his whole career?

I just don't understand this talk. Steve Francis is one of the best all around players in the league and he is steadily improving every area of his game. Who cares if he isn't a "Pure point guard"? How many of those are in the league anyway and how many of them have been seeing a lot of team successl? John Stockton is undoubtedbly the purest point guard in the league and even with the best power forward of the last decade he hasn't won a ring. Who else? Andre Miller? Right, he's had loads of success with the cavs and the clippers. (granted, the cavs were an awful team but the clippers are incredibly talented and Andre Miller isn't leading them anywhere.) Jason Kidd? Well, he's having success but you know what he decided he needed to do this year? TAKE MORE SHOTS!

it just boggles my mind the talk on this board. i can't believe i actually see suggestions like "trade for troy hudson and move stevie to the two.".

WE HAVE 25 WINS NOW AND WE'RE HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON! we had 28 wins in the entire last season last year. you would think people would be satisfied with that improvement. you would think people would realize that this is the team. all we have to do is sit back and watch them mature together. but you people have no patience. you want instant gratification..... this board is becoming painful to read.

16. kountzer

kountzer Member

Now that's comedy.

17. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I love it when Newbie's post a thread like this and then you have some other Newbie's coming in a responding to it like they actually thought about it. Freaking great stuff...

18. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

It's people like you that eliminate a need for bulliten boards, and create a need for more newspapers. The beauty of this board is that it can be used as a forum for people to discuss what is going on. I realize that anyone who is not satisfied with 5 games over .500 is a complete idiot and that it is painful for you to read their statements, but some people remember when we won 50+ games and were championship contenders. And by the way, Stevie is an all purpose player, and sure he can play the point no problem but if you can find a pure point guard then go for it. Why is it that so many people think that Cat is such a great asset to this team. Have you noticed his assist to turnover ratio? 1.2. Steve is a little better at 1.6. Troy Hudson by the way is 2.0, and as a reference:
    Jason Kidd: 2.8
    Eric Snow:2.99
    Tony Parker:2.12
    Mike Bibby: 2.7

What's funny is that all of those teams made the playoffs last year. Having a true point guard has mad a difference for teams like the nets and the kings.. But then again you'd rather we not talk about improvement. We should simply be happy we haven't lost more games than we have won.

KEEP CAT.. PAY CATO MORE... SIGN MO TO A 5 YEAR EXTENTION AT MAX... AND LETS WAIT FOR THIS TEAM TO GROW..
    Keys to success

19. skymaster187

skymaster187 Member

Sure trade Cat piss Steve off and cause a cancer in the locker room.....

Yeah good idea.:rolleyes:

20. Sane

Sane Member

Let the newbies wipe themselves out.

I don't find anything said in this thread hilarious. I do, however, find it hilarious that there are so many people just dying to take these shots at newbies. LOL, that's funny stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.