1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Valentiness Day ideas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Jan 30, 2003.

1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Never too early to plan the one romantic day of the year. Any suggestions?

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'd start with changing that attitude. Every day can be romantic.

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Dinner at Perry's on your way south.

Take her to see the Tony Award winning "Art" at the Strand Theater

Spend the night at the Tremont House

Have breakfast at The Phoenix

Spend the morning walking around the Strand.....and see where the day takes you.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Who knew Pole was such a SWEETIE PIE! :p

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"dude...go to cindys!!"

those ads are irritating...

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Stop spending so much time posting on CC.net and pay attention to your significant other.

7. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Ouch :(

8. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Its all about the dinner bro, its all about the dinner. A nice restaurant with a romantic atmosphere is a "can't go wrong evening". The gift is important also but thats a personal type of deal, and I'm not sure how helpful anyone else can be with advice on that. Vargo's, Brennan's, and Mark's are all very nice and are a great places to start. Alittle advice, because Val. day falls on a Friday this year, things will be especialy crowded. Make reservations early. Here is a list off city search that will help.

http://houston.citysearch.com/search?topic_id=1262&cslink=cs_restaurants_browse_1262

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The most romantic restaurant in Houston:

Aldo's Con Amore.

Just be prepared to mortgage your house.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Go where RM95's Girl and I are going...

to see Daredevil.

11. Buck Turgidson

If you're real smooth, you could drop some fashion tips for later that evening. ;)

[​IMG]

Aldo's is indeed the full-on mack of romantic restaurants. If you don't want to break the bank, try Backstreet Cafe.

Not sure about a gift yet, but I think I'm treating the lady to dinner at Brennan's and an evening at the Warwick.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Clothes? What the hell kind of fun are you going to be having that night? :rolleyes: :D

13. moomoo

moomoo Member

I've always wondered where the really expensive restaurants were in Houston. Thanks fellas.

I've narrowed my choices down to Brennan's (filet mignon, yum) and Mark's (tenderloin or sirloin, mmmhmmm good).

What kind of dress code is customary for these or any of the other restaurants mentioned here?

14. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

At brennan's, if you want to sit in the main dining area (which you will want to on valentine's day) you have to have a coat on. Or they can give you one of theirs if you want to be that guy:)

15. R0ckets03

Sounds like you appreciate a good steak. I am an amatuer expert wannabe in that area. So let me give you a few tips

Brenners (not Brennans) is probably the best steak money can buy. Not super duper expensive either.

Rainbow Lodge has an awesome Buffalo ribeye.

Marks is probably second only to Brenners.

Fogo De Chao is easily my favorite restaurant though. Best service and all you can eat Brazilian style steakhouse. Can't beat it for $40 a head. Dont let the "all you can eat" tag fool you. It is one of the classiest restaurant you will ever find.

Then there is of course Pappas Bros Steakhouse.......YUMMY!!!!!

Check out this site for dining questions in Houston. Pretty helpful.

http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/houston/dining/

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

That time of year again... I have yet to experience a Valentine's Day that lives up to the hype. It all seems so contrived somehow... last year we couldn't even get into a restaurant to eat because of the huge crowds. (OK, I know, that's what "reservations" are for, but I think we have enough financial problems without ever setting foot in a restaurant that expensive :) ). This year will be even worse because it's a Friday.

I told my husband I'd take him into town to Texas Land & Cattle, but not on that day. Somewhere a few days before or after instead, to avoid the rush. Of course, this makes me wonder what we'll do on that actual day, even if we were just treating it as another Friday, because it will be hard to get a seat in a restaurant other than Denny's. This also makes me wonder why, as the female, I'm planning these things and offering to take him out. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :(

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

I have been here several times and will be going back in a few weeks. I have to completely agree with you. Love the red/green card. And is that not the best salad bar you have ever been to?

18. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Rainbow Lodge is cool. It has a unique atmosphere about it. It would be a nice Valentines dinner spot but make a reservation soon.

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Cook her dinner, have some wine, make mad passionate love to her, and the next morning spread rose petals around her pillow.

If you want to take her out to dinner, go French (in spite of the other thread on this BBS)...try Bistro Le Cep, Bistro Provence, or Cafe Rabelais.

20. R0ckets03

The salad bar, the meats, the service, the dessert. Everything about that restaurant is easily the best.

Everyone should try it atleast once. Well maybe not Jeff. ;)