1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac First Practice in China

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Nov 6, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

And T-Will...and maybe Gilbert Areans soon.

2. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Wow what a fall from grace partially his body falling apart part his ****ty attitude. I was a huge fan of T Mac and I'm sad to watch this video. Can't the rockets sign him as an assistant to the gm, like Alonzo Mourning and George Costanza was

3. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Its my fault. Rep

4. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Update

DJMbenga joins McGrady in China:

And McGrady's age-defying back-breaking windmill jam:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TScc63oy7iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

If he gets more confidence in a year over there in his knee and explosiveness he will make it back here for sure.

6. lalala902102001

Well I see some TMac fans are still delusional.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

^^^ that dunk was full of craziness!

Craziness, I tell you!

I wonder how many minutes they'll give him per game. Looks like he can probably shut down 3 players at a time with his defense there.

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I know you're kidding, but if I was an over the hill NBA star, why wouldn't you go to China? It's not like he ended his career in the NBA on top. Might as well continue to play, get paid, and stay somewhat relevant. Hopefully he has a turnaround year that helps him ease his mind before real retirement.

9. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Yes :)

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Are those guys he is playing with really that much better than what you would find in the local competitive games?

Getting paid? He has made plenty and I dont think he has mismanaged his $$ like others who are bankrupt and are forced to play in China to make money.

How is playing in a D league in China making him stay relevant?

11. SunsRocketsfan

Lol 3 second clip made into a 40 second video... And he barely got off the ground. Tmac is a legit 6'8 with long arms. It would be like us doing a windmill on a kiddie hoop. He lost his hops for sure. That angle was horrible also

12. stefanb

stefanb Member

I don't care what anyone says, I miss the hell out of T-Mac and Yao too. What could have been. I'm dwelling now...:(

13. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

What you said there is just dumb. So you came to the conclusion that Tmac is not playing in China for money because we have not heard of him mismanaging his $$ or going bankruptcy? Please correct me if I have misunderstood what you have said. Otherwise your reasoning is dumb.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If you always really wanted to be an athlete (and not for the money) you would understand. He just wants to play, and if he's playing in China he wants to be paid enough to live large in China. He's enjoying the fame he's earned. Full houses, making a new league relevant, advising some youngsters, becoming an even bigger idol to millions of children. He doesn't want to be told to play a certain role off the bench. He doesn't want to be a tag-along to an NBA ring if he is not a part of a rotation.

I do wonder why he didn't go to Europe though. He did seem to like China while he was in the NBA, maybe even more than I thought. Doesn't hurt that Yao's there and they are good friends.

1 person likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, 100%. He gets to continue to play the sport he loves, comes into contact with Chinese fans(which are his biggest in the world), can teach some teammates and increases his ad money with new business opportunities in Asia.

16. Victorious

Victorious Member

lol looks like his summer camp, every one at awe with tmac. he looks like he's having fun though. as long as he stays humble and stays as one of the guys and not play the star card, I don't see what's wrong with him still wanting to play ball.

17. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

18. jboger

jboger Member

I could honestly play better than half of those guys, this is sad

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    seems to still have hops.

20. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

here's a translated quote from him after the game

“[I'm jumping] very good, [and] such a slam dunk proves the results of my efforts to train, and also to respond to a lot of people [who] questioned me before, so [to dunk], the feeling is very good! … there will be more dunks!”