1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

At least this has got to the media now, KHOU talked about it first after the LSU/Bama game.

2. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

With the Texans playing and the Rockets having a few days off...looks like nobody will care until Wednesday

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Fewer people will care as time goes by...even on game day. As people adjust to not having the games, anybody who is not among the most die hard fans will simply lose interest. This is how businesses lose their customer base.

The longer this goes on, the more work the Rockets will have to do to repair the damage.

4. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I think you're right, which means this will last a while

5. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

last year Governor Cuomo of NY stepped in so MSG Network (Knicks official network) and Time Warner Cable could get a deal done after a 10-month blackout. Maybe people here should call their elected representatives to intervene?

6. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Texas representatives are basically useless

7. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

that would be a ridiculous conversation:

admin: Mr. GOoPer, a New York reporter is on the line

GOoP: What's he want?

admin: He says millions of ordinary fans are upset at a few billionaires acting like monopolists

GOoP: What the hell? Is that reporter a Communist? A Muslim?

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The thing that upsets me most, is it's 100% about money and 0% about the Rockets. The more time that passes and I can't watch the Rockets, the more upset I get.

9. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

That basically sums it up

10. TimeZone

TimeZone Member

I called Directv and complained last night. I had already sent an email last week. I was friendly and the girl rep was also, but let them know I was disappointed and not happy about not getting the games. She put in a request for the channel and acted like hopefully more people will call in and request the channel, that could help in getting it. She sort of acted like she didn't think there had been a lot of negotiations for it, like CSN was playing hardball. Who Knows? She did takes $20 a month off my bill a month the next year, saving me $240, for my inconvenience.

So keep calling in and complaining. Maybe even call in if you don't have Directv and tell them you would subscribe if they had the channel, if you would do that.

I don't guess the game feeds might be easily available using some type of FTA receiver and dish would they? I might look into that if they were.

11. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

NBC should have just plastered their name over these regional channels instead of using Comcast's name.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

(uhhh... you do know who owns NBC, don't you?)

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

There would not be as much fight if NBC was used for the network branding instead of Comcast.

16. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

We're not complaining about the content, we're complaining that none of us know what the content is like...because we don't have the channel

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Huh? I have no idea what angle you're going from. NBC is OWNED by Comcast. NBC IS Comcast. Comcast IS NBC. You think DirecTV and Uverse don't want a "comcast" channel because of the name? They've got other comcast channels in different cities. Comcast just happens to be in the business of branding sports channels along with owning major television networks and being a cable company.

In the end, its still a sports cable channel that needs to be added for a fee no matter what its called... same thing happened with Fox Sports in the past, same thing happened with NFL network and Time Warner, same thing was on the verge of happening with ESPN one year.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I know. But I've also read in this thread several people who said they'd boycott the channel on principle alone (Regardless of whether or not the dispute gets settled).

While they're doing that, they'll be missing the best individual coverage any cable sports channel has given Houston sports EVER (even better than HSE).

19. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I think most of that kind of talk is hot air. It's like people saying they won't watch the Rockets anymore, everyone will come crawling back. Doesn't mean I can't be pissed at everyone involved though. Although I'm not a Texans fan, I'd still love to see tons of coverage on the Rockets/Astros. Just sucks we can't have that.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I guess I'll just have to go to bars on school nights.