1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Presidential Election: Romney vs. Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

You are a weird dude...

Pretty sure on January 21, 2013 Obama is going to retake the oath of office, then invite over Joe Biden, Louis Gates and Bill O'Reilly for fried chicken and beers. After getting wasted he will listen to NWA's "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" and smash Michelle and an intern before passing out in the rose garden.

2. solid

solid Member

This isn't a video game, the direction of the nation is at stake. I honestly can't imagine why anyone would vote for Obama this time. His record in office is absolutely abysmal. He got my vote in 08, not this time. I don't want to hear excuses or criticism of the other candidate. He didn't do a good job and should be fired. Everything else is spin, hype, and fantasy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

:eek:

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You're post here is spin, hype and fantasy. Criticism of the other candidate is pretty important for anyone voting for either of the two main parties. The reason someone might vote for Obama is no matter how bad they think he was, it's possible they think Romney is far worse.

It might be that they know the next President is likely to appoint one if not two Supreme Court justices and after Romney's talk, they don't trust Romney to pick the next justice.

They could also look at some of the actual accomplishments Obama has made, and realize about the tax breaks for middle class citizens, and most small businesses. Maybe those things matter to some voters.

The things I mentioned are actual real things as opposed to just spin, fantasy, and hype. But for some reason you've already dismissed real reasons just because you don't see them, or get them.

I'm not voting for Obama and I did in 2008. But I sure as hell won't be voting for Romney.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If only the Ghetto Boys would read this post.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Ha I thought it would piss someone off.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

On a Houston message board you claim that as an NWA song!?

1 person likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I almost didn't say anything because mentioning NWA in your post did fit the mood and set the atmosphere perfectly for the picture you were creating, but I couldn't stop myself.

9. 4Shoposite

4Shoposite Member

Type of person that thinks the Hornets will win the championship because they received the first pick.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Pretty funny composition. Would be hillarious if it wasn't close to the truth.

I've made my point about January 21, 2013. Obama will be trying to figure out what he is going to do on January 21, 2013...if he were re-elected (which he isn't) ...and he would likely be somewhere like Camp David or Hawaii or God only knows where having a victory vacation celebration. Contrast that to Mitt. He'll be in the Oval office shoveling stuff at Congress to get things done.

Great contrast.

And that is another reason why Obama is d-o-n-e.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You say "d-o-n-e" so much that I'm starting to think it is an abbreviation for something that is going to allow you to weasel out of all of your ridiculous claims. I'm pretty sure the "d" stands for Dwight, but I haven't figured out the others yet. Either that or you've been watching way too much Fox News and think that constantly repeating the same thing is going to convince others, no matter how much facts present the contrary.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Dunderhead-Obama-Not-Elected

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

It's the "Geto Boys"

get a clue, Cali boy

14. solid

solid Member

There is an article on Real Clear Politics entitled the "Revolt of Main Street," I think you might find it interesting.

15. mc mark

mc mark Member

Unlikely

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

November Surprise? Maybe, maybe no ...

http://www.dailypaul.com/261531/rom...olves-his-undisclosed-2009-taxes-bain-capital

Long and short of the story: Romney bought a controlling stake in Delphi (major parts supplier to GM); Delphi received billions in bailout money; then refused to work out a plan to save workers' jobs -- instead used the windfall to buy Chinese auto parts factories from ...

that's right: Bain Capital!

Probably too late for this one to do serious damage to Romney's prospects, but it probably doesn't matter anyway since he's going to lose.

17. Steve_Francis_rules

Not too different from:

1. Raise taxes on the "rich" by ~$30 bn per year
    2. Increase "investments" in education and infrastructure by at least that much.
    3. ??????
    4. Reduce the deficit and save Medicare forever!!!!

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's very different because what you talked about isn't Obama's plan. Obama has already talked about specific areas such as defense spending, cutting waste from programs like Medicaid, etc. and those are specifics that will work.

19. across110thstreet

For its first two albums, Making Trouble (1988) and Grip It! On That Other Level (1989), the spelling was the English standard "Ghetto Boys"

1 person likes this.
  20. mc mark

mc mark Member

Eric Canter was horrid on MTP this morning. I don't think even he believes his answers defending Romney.