1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You know what? I ain't even mad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 4, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's been a while since I've felt so unburdened by the team. Probably the last time I felt this way was the Steve Francis days. To be exact, early Steve Francis days, before it became obvious that he was never going to develop. Then came the days of frustration for lack of support around Yao/T-Mac. Then the injuries, and mediocrity without rebuilding.

But now it's like there's no pressure. I can basically take any type of outcome short of serious, long term injury to one of our core players. Honestly, I hope Rockets fans just relax and enjoy the ride. We have the youngest rotation the NBA, and James Harden is already showing signs of becoming a superstar. Heck, even if our rookies don't show much development, and we suck... there's still that lottery pick to help ease the pain. :)

4 people like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You know what? I ain't even mad?

I just have a Hardon.

what were we talking about?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pretty sure that was why we hired McHale... House money anytime that guy is coaching.

1 person likes this.
  4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5. kinein

kinein Member

No one goes 82-0 in the NBA. When a teams having a bad shooting night ~ you just have to rebound from it and move on.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I feel pretty much the same way.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Pretty much win-win right now

We make playoffs, it's a sign that one of our young core has become a legit super star

If we suck, we take the lotto pick and keeps rebuilding with more youth and potential

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'm only mad because of the guys stealing PT (Douglas, Aldrich and friends)

If we could fill those minutes with guys who actually have futures on this team (i.e. the rooks), I'd be ecstatic

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK, Ziggy, I like to play cards for money, and I like to spread the floor when I do. I don't like to go down low by myself. Playing high is usually better, and doubling up when the defense is weak is best.

And I'd do the same thing with "House money"

Playing the cards differently when you have "House Money" to play with is lazy and you won't learn a thing. Like playing rookies on "house money" before they are ready.

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This metaphor just got complex....

1 person likes this.
  11. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Just frustrated because this was a winnable game, much more so than the other two games we won. At least it wasn't a blow out loss.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Aldrich is stealing playing time from who? Last i checked he's out only backup C (aside from Greg smith).

I kinda want to see Machado out there though

13. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

No team throws rookies in when they arent ready unless they are trying to tank.

Machado and White are projects and probably wont play unless they are forced to. I am fine with Aldrich playing over D-Mo. D-mo looked okay in the preseason but I dont think he is ready to play.

I am surprised Jones hasnt played a minute but who do you play him over. Morris is slowly proving himself. Plus he is still young and can be considered part of the future. Patterson D is needed over Jones athleticism.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We aren't trying to tank?

15. Mock

Mock Member

I am no where close to being made. The main thing for me is when I watch the Rockets i'm excited and there fun to watch. Harden has sweet and fancy moves and exciting to watch. The whole team is just so much more explosive. Even if they don't make the playoffs it's just cool to have potential and finally see the Rockets being in highlights and top plays. Houston is defiantly talked about alot more here latley. Usally H-town gets no love through the media.

16. AVP

AVP Member

usually a team shoots around 35% they get their asses handed to them. We even forced a OT and was on one missing lay-up or slam dunk away from winning. I'm not really mad at all - this should have been a blow-out lost but we were even leading for most of the game.

17. kent335

kent335 Member

I'm not mad. I'm actually pretty pleased at the team's performance. Who would have thought we would start 2-1.

The team hasn't really had a chance to practice or set up a playbook yet.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I am mad. I wouldve been ok if mchale actually coached. He is risking our good players and not playing the ones he needs to. This isn't just a loss, it's a rude awakening. People were like oh we won why you mad? There's more upsets to come. I'm looking at it long term.

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha oh eh eh aha aha eh oh aha aha. And I thought my jokes were bad.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

This year I have very low expectations for the team, so as long as I get to watch some entertaining basketball, win or lose, I am happy.