1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Donatas Motiejunas!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Terry Teagle, Nov 3, 2012.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

My understanding is that D-Mo is not strong enough to compete right now, which I cannot fathom. If you're going to be a professional athlete, why not hit the weightroom some? Lifting is FUN!!!! I love D-Mo though. Once he's strong enough, he will be great for the Rockets. Do NOT trade him! Like him better than any of our other PF's.

2. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

Ok. First of all I really want Donatas to play. He is really skilled guy, looking to our fast break he can really fit there becouse of his speed. Dat legs are runnin' fast. He can shoot almost from every area of the court.

Now situation that I believe is that Rockets are the team who is fighting for 8th place in conference, every win is relevant for us and McHale don't want to let rookies for the reason that they gonna be nervous I don't play like they can. I believe that game by game our rookies - Jones and DMo will be included in the game minute by minute, earning their experience and proving their skills. We saw how they can score on SL and pre-season. McHale knows it and I can only hope that this is what McHale wants to do. But if dat crap will continue, I'll probably trade D-Mo, you can't hold such a talent on the bench.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

hello Mr. Morey, congrats on the Harden trade!

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You are funny sir.

Patterson is a starter, while DMo is a mere rookie.

Are you out of your mind?

DMo lacks consistency.

Have you seen some of his games?

One game you'll want him to start, while on the other game he looks lost.

This is no longer the preseason.

We have to win, if you want our team to go to the playoffs.

5. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

he's not ready at all.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I don't think D-Mo is ready right now. He'll be sent to the Dleague and see if he can defend and rebound first. He would've been torched by Horford and Josh Smith last night.

McHale said the most ready rookie was Terrence Jones so out of all the rooks I think he'll see the first minutes.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I thought he had a great preseason, but he's just not strong enough yet. Even Smith was a little outmuscled against Detroit at times and he's one of our stronger guys. Dmo will get his time eventually. He's one of our most talented players.

8. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

Can't understand your humor here, I just wanted to point that this can take a few games but not a whole season

9. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

Not complaining. Just saying that eventually, Harden's minutes will have to go down from his average of 42 or whatever. Also, to lessen the wear and tear on Lin and Harden, the Rockets will need baskets from their front court.

These points won't come from Asik or Parsons.

Also, would like to see the Twin Towers of Asik and Dmo.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

never mind it. It was a good post and I understood your meaning.
    you just mixed up a couple letters which made it sound like you are Houston's GM.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Damn what he do,bang your girlfriend or something ? Not sure how you come up with this assessment.The kids been nothing but a professional.

I don't know why everyone is so ready to throw these young guy's into the fire,their time to show what they have will come soon enough.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Are we all forgetting what D-Mo looked like during preseason?
    You want him to start??? :confused::confused::confused:

13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

It's not a matter of "freeing" Dmo. The Rockets have many post players that have not been tested yet. That is the plan. Morey said he was bringing in as many guys as possible and then find out who has star level talent. It will happen.

That said, I sort of agree that seeing them sooner would be great. No matter what offense you run, low post offense is a necessity to win consistently. The backcourt won't be on fire every night. We need variety and options for those off nights, and to keep everyone fresh.

I personally think Dmo is going to be here a long time if he doesn't become a piece in an upgrade deal... Meaning he has potential to be on a championship caliber team rotation.

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I have no clue why he isn't playing. He is pretty much our only post player and he has a good mid range/3 point shot as well. Our bench needs a spark from somewhere and I think it should be D-Mo.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He looks too lost on defense. Still needs to adjust to the speed of the game.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow...we have a Terry Teagle on the board, with his first post. Talk about old school. We still should have taken Ricky Pierce (Rice alum here) with that 16th pick, and you know it, Baylor fan. :p

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am sick and tired of wondering why McFail doesn't play his rookies and i want to see an interview of him for explanation.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He played Parsons a lot last year and gave him the starting position. And now he is giving our first round pick from last year the burn he finally deserves.

smh

19. Ultimate6thMan

Bottom line is simply that McHale is being LOYAL to his players that were on his team last year. Parson, G. Smith, PP and MM. Only Parsons got significant playing time last year, so this year McHale is rewarding the other three by giving them significant minutes to prove their worth after a year with him.

If they don't do their jobs over time, then the rookies will get their shot. I'm not saying that I agree with this, but at the same time I can't be mad (like I was at first) at McHale once I understand what he is doing. Loyalty and a shot is very important. Once the rookies realize this, they will understand that they will eventually get their shot too if they keep practicing hard.

Another possibility is also that DM plans to use PP and/or Morris in a trade and they want to up their value by playing them and hoping they play well. That would mean that they actually then put more value and upsdie on the rooks by preferring to hold on to them.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fans should do this when he scores his first points:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ki0pP2s18bA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ki0pP2s18bA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>