1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real football...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Jan 28, 2003.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

you guys are all missing the point.

FORGET football, soccer, rugby, australian rules football...as far as i'm concerned they could all be called ass ball.

BASKETBALL is the only sport that matters!!!!!

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I can't believe someone has yet to tell SRJ...ahem..."Hey, I think I hear a dingo eating your baby."

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I guess SRJ is still pissed that those bullfrogs ate all of Australia's vegetation...

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

#44 Falcons Talon, Jan 29, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're not very bright, are you mate? Don't live in Utah and am not comparing my personal situation to your personal situation. 1) It's your past history of posting here and 2) It's watching you unsuccessfully and pitifully try to belittle the toughness of American football players with your Paul Bunyon tales of Australians moving mountains and running the field at the speed of light.

Your inferiority complex is not a guess -- it's crystal clear evident. The funniest thing is watching a pompous wanker such as yourself trying to tell Americans that <I>we're</I> arrogant. Spare us, because we're not buying the crap an ass like you is spitting out.

6. dimsie

dimsie Member

I can't *believe* I'm going to defend an Australian. My god.

a) He's doing what's called 'giving you a hard time', 'winding you up'. You know, that longstanding tradition of '****-talking'? How did you all get your knickers in a twist about this? Come on. We've had *years* of Oz taunting us about how wondrous they are at every-bloody-thing. Greet it as we do, with wry humour: we know what it's like to lose to the b*stards. Regularly. And if you think he has an inferiority complex, why on earth are you so peeved? You're just making him laugh by freaking out over this, you know.

b) Americans shouldn't use the word 'wanker'. It's just wrong. ;)

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

so you weren't taking my sheep references seriously Dimsie.....huh you would have thought ;)

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. We should stick with Another Brother's favorite

fuhker

We are so much better at that.

9. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I can't believe you just did that! :D

I saw a guy with a tremendous t-shirt at an Ashes Test in 2001.

Front: I support two teams...
    Back: New Zealand, and any team playing Australia.

Brought a smile to my face!

10. dimsie

dimsie Member

Oh *god* that's so true. You have an entire small country behind you during the Ashes! And when India beat Australia a year or two back there was practically rejoicing in the streets. :D

My uncle moved to Australia and now barracks for them, the traitor. We speak of him in hushed tones, like one who has died. ;)

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

dimsie and bailey,

weird thing is Australians don't feel that way about NZ, we have no problems with them winning (if we don't). England is a different story, love to see them lose!!

12. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Don't I know it! My boss in my last job was an Aussie. I lost a packet to him with our various sporting bets. I was forced to asking him how the Socceroos were doing...

dire straits indeed!

Still, as much as I love to see Australia lose, it still feels like a friendly rivalry. SA on the other hand, is different. Even I root for Australia when you're playing those guys!

(Can't believe I just admitted that :D )

13. ScreamingRocketJet

Exactly Smeg.

Even the Poms, when they beat us in the last test every one applauded.

We give as good as we take...it's all in fun.

14. ScreamingRocketJet

Bingo.

These guys can give it out...I got called r****ded, a moron, soft and a wanker on this thread. Doesn't bother me.

Conversely, I give a little bit back and a try hard hero like Clucth comes on and slags me...

15. dimsie

dimsie Member

Ahem. I don't believe any of you were applauding when NZ beat you *in* Australia, *on* Australia Day. God that was sweet. Of course, I have to live on that victory for years at a time because we're so inconsistent... sigh.

Actually Bailey, you're right: when Australia and SA are playing I find it hard to work out which one I want to lose more. ;)

16. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

You guys are still ignoring the strategy aspect of the 2 sports. Must Americans played a game similar to your "football" when we were growing up called Tackle The Man with the Ball. We didnt use pads, and alot of us played on concrete. At about the age of 9 we wisen up and seek out more strategic games, like baseball, football, etc. When your boy Mulu or whoever plays on concrete, then you can bring it.

17. dimsie

dimsie Member

He doesn't think *rugby* has strategy! He doesn't think any of our sports have any strategy. Hee hee hee. That's so cute. :D Ever played the same game for five eight hour days and have it come out a draw, sunshine? Baseball only *wishes* it had the strategy cricket does.

(I really love baseball, actually. It's my favourite American sport. That Ken Burns documentary made me cry, in several parts.)

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Did someone hear something? :)

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what does "slags me" mean?

btw: NFL players are not meant to run for 60 minutes. They run faster and are stronger, instead. ;)

20. dimsie

dimsie Member

You booted him and wiped those posts? For calling you a blouse and a tryhard, possibly the antipodes' mildest insults? Bwahahahaha! :D

'Slags me' means 'badmouths me'.