1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Just wait till the whole team plays to their potential.

They'll be unstoppable... until the rest of the league plays to their potential then we'll be back to square 1

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

If Lin puts up similar numbers for the rest of the season 12 and 8 with a couple rebounds and a couple of steals, I'll consider it huge success. I'd like to see him concetrate on being a better two-way player more than anything. Offensively I want him to do exactly what he did tonight. Set the table and do what he does best: pick and roll and drive and dish.

3. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

here is from detroit media:

MVP: In his first game after the Thunder traded him to the Rockets, James Harden (37 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals) put to rest any notion that he can't be a star.

X Factor: Jeremy Lin (12 points, 8 assists, 4 steals and an astounding plus-23) left the game in the third quarter with foul trouble, causing Houston to struggle. When on the court, his passing, driving and awareness helped the Rockets space the floor incredibly well.

Defining Moment: Just before halftime, a fog machine went off at The Palace and steamed up the court. Pistons workers struggled to turn it off, spoiling a bit of the opening-night show. Although the Pistons had a few impressive runs, they never had a way to turn off the Rockets' potent offense, either.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

A unstoppable useless meaningless debate with between HOF and LOF will begin ASAP just like that old one of Melo vs Lin in the NYC................:grin::grin::grin::grin::(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:

NNNNNNNAAAAAAIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

My prediction b4 the 1st game this year for LIN:

13.3 pts
    2.9 rbs
    8.0 ast
    2.4 stl
    .6 blk

43% FG%
    35% 3P%
    84% FT%

He just did what I expect him to do. :)

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin played a good game last night but it was not his best game. We've seen what he's capable of doing. Now that he got the first game out of the way and found out his body reacts, he will keep doing better.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin's offense will get better on offense.16 points 8 assists by seasons end

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Then, I'm gonna tell ya, after the initial 10 game craziness out the way, you're gonna be very pleased. Lin will exceed that for ya. Promise.

10. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I just want to remind anyone who thinks Asik and Lin were overpaid...

LOL, Asik and Lin make $10mil less. Wow.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its nothing wrong with that either.

12. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

Defense is mostly effort and Lin is a hard working guy. Dantonie's(sp) emphasis is anything but defense so no surprise he played ****ty defense there. He'll improve defensively, and he already is better than K-Mart.

13. slickster

slickster Member

What are LOF and LOH?

14. VanityHalfBlack

Larry O'brien Fruit and London Orchestra Hall??

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You may be right, I'm gauging success against the money we paid for him rather than Linsanity numbers. I have no doubt that he'll have his Linsanity moments this season I just don't expect him to be the main offesive weapon on this team.

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Pretty sure you have the wrong guy sir.

17. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Your special player did not want to stay and then rockets offered lin a contract, deal with it.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Conceded.

Conceded.

The fact that Dragic is only 26, without any injury history, and just became a starter makes a very significant point. He's durable and there's room for improvement. You can argue that Lin has more room to improve, but that's under the assumption that his ceiling is higher than Dragic's. Just because one has more time to improve doesn't mean he will. See: Devin Harris.

What is your source for this? When does this apply? Are you saying that Dragic has reached his prime by the above assertion? If so, you are completely disregarding the fact that he was getting around 17MPG his first few years. Does he then fall under your above assertion? Obviously I dont think that's true.

Consider this, what if Lin's knee blows out again? What if his shot does not improve until he's 35 like Jason Kidd? These are all hypotheticals. They are useless.

At any rate, what is the purpose of pretending that Dragic won't be improving for 2 years when the argument is that one is better off with Dragic at the helm at this point? He will continue to get better with more 'reps'. He's bigger and a better shooter. He passes better. He turns it over less.

If you are banking on Lin becoming a superstar, you will be disappointed. I see both Lin and Dragic becoming good point guards on good teams. I just think that Dragic will be the better option going forward for the reasons stated above.

Who said Lin was not going to get better? I just don't see him getting so much better that his improvement will push him past Dragic, who will keep improving as well.

Enlighten me. I've not seen these articles/studies.

19. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Wow, another Lin VS the world thread.

The season just started, it'll be interesting to see who's the winner in the end of the season.

20. Exel

Exel Member

Why do people keep saying that Dragic is bigger or more athletic than Lin? They're both 6'3", but Lin is listed at 200lbs while Dragic is listed at 190lbs. Lin is faster than Dragic, both confirmed by the eye test and measured tests(1). Both seem equally strong, as they are able to split the defenders in pick and rolls. As for power, I don't have any metrics but I've never seen either of them do a two handed dunk in traffic. Yet there are plenty of people on this board that feel that Dragic is more athletic than Lin. Am I missing something?

1) http://thebamboxscore.com/2012/03/09/the-linside-point-guard-review/
    and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oebq1J-R9tg