1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola and dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rivet, Nov 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rivet

rivet Member

I am just wondering if we still have Scola and resign Dragic, along with Harden, Lin and Asik now wouldn't we be much better position to go deeply in the playoff and be a contender. It does not sound like we are tanking now anyway.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If we still had Scola and Dragic, we wouldn't have the other three, at least not all of them.

3. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

Dragic would be nice bench player to back up Jeremy. Scola would provide much needed low post scoring.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Does not compute. Letting go of Scola was key to having the flexibility we have. Dragic would have taken Lin's spot if he stayed. Chances are, this team and last's years team could not coexist...

5. demarco1

demarco1 Member

How can you get lin and harden when you own scola and dragic? Space cap... and also Houston will not be in the main goal "Young Team"

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Wasn't possible. Not enough salary cap space.

7. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

Scola could be amnestied next season. That was just another fail by Morey.

1 person likes this.
  8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Haha!!!

You slay me.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'll do you one better...

What if the Rockets kept Carl Landry and Rudy Gay. Wouldn't they be in a better position to go deep in the playoffs?

10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

This is the problem.

Dragic is not a backup to Lin nor is Lin a backup to Dragic. I'm really glad that we don't have to listen to these discussions about who is better.

I personally like Dragic's game better but I'm very happy to have Lin and he is the man... no questions.

When we establish our young PF of the future, I would love to get Scola back at some point.

11. ch44

ch44 Member

Carl Landry looked fantastic last night. We should have signed him this offseason. He addresses a lot of our needs and we still have over $7 million in cap space. He ended up signing for just $4 million. He's been criminally underpaid his entire career.

1 person likes this.
  12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What if Yao, TMac, Hakeem and Drexler asked to come back??? Then Barkley would come back for sure....

Harden plus these guys equals...multiple championships...

Not 1, 2, 3, 4....

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If we had Scola and Dragic the whole "Pandoras Box" analogy
    would come into play and there is no telling who would be
    playing for the Rockets right now.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Actually... no.

James Harden is a much better teammate than Gay. He will make the players around him better whereas Gay is a great scorer and that is about it.

Gay is what you hope a max player does not turn out to be. Joe Johnson is a player you hope a max player does not turn out to be. Eric Gordan will be a player that you will continue saying, "if only he were healthy." Harden, is not that guy. I am certain of this.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Dragic played pretty well. 17 points, 8 assist but had a poor shooting night.

Somehow I like the idea of a Dragic and Harden tandem. Any chance Suns do a straight up trade for Lin and Dragic?

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

You're missing the goal of "young team". I'd rather give PPAT, Jones, Donatas and White the developmental minutes.

See what we have now so we can evaluate what to do with max salary cap space next summer. A very good free agent class loaded with Josh Smith, Paul Millsap, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum and Chris Paul.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If we had Lowry is the better question. He beasted last night (21 pts, 7 boards, 8 dimes, 5 steals on 6-11 fg vs a pretty damn good Indy defense). Imagine him + Harden. Damn. The tenacity would be out of this world.

18. rivet

rivet Member

Sorry, didn't calculate the cap space well. But I thought we still have enough cap for signing another max player, so we don't have enough space to keep scola? We can always amnest Scola later if we need cap space get another star.

19. rivet

rivet Member

Lowry is used to get Toronto's first rounder, which is used to trade for Harden, so I would not include lowry. But Scola and Dragic is not part of any deal.

20. Prince

Prince Member

We won't have Lin if we resigned Dragic.

But for Scola, I think he's definitely a big plus. Our PF last night didn't contribute much. And I don't think none of them can match scola at this time.

Asik
    Scola
    Parson
    Harden
    Lin