1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real football...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Jan 28, 2003.

1. ScreamingRocketJet

Here you go fella's...real football played by real men. Watch it and see how much tougher this is than your NFL.

hit the "play video" and watch the final STATE OF ORIGIN game.

Yes...I am geeing a few of you up. I mean no offense and most of you seem pretty cool.

Do yourselves a favour a watch some of this game and let me know what you think. How does it compare to NFL in your opinions?

You'll see that the Defense does have a lot of similarities...

You'll also see a pretty decent game of football. :)

Link was bad the first time.

Try this : http://nrl.com/video/index.asp

Pick state of origin. Game three.

Enjoy :D

#1 ScreamingRocketJet, Jan 28, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they play better than you post links.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My friend...

THIS...

[​IMG]

...is REAL football :).

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

AFL is really football!!!!

5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I second that opinion. :)

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

AFL??? what leauge is that? never heard of it

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Arena Football, I assume.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Oh yea thats prob it, but we all know what used to be real football was the XFL. :D

9. red

red Contributing Member

in april i start my australian rules football league...i can wait...ill post xrays of my broken bones when they happen.

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Hey Sir Jackie,

No offense, but that's soccer, not football. :D

11. davo

davo Contributing Member

I'll third it.

12. ScreamingRocketJet

I thought only pansies played that game;)

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Those are some of the most un-athletic SOB's I've ever seen. Sorry, I'm not hatin', but damn, somebody put a move on someone.

14. ScreamingRocketJet

First 10 minutes of Origin are always smash each other. Watch the rest.

Can you honestly say any of your guys could go that pace , that hard and that long?

Not a chance. Your guys play 30 seconds and stop.

Our guys stay on...they tackle, they run, they do it all.

How can you call someone an 'footballer' who can't even do more than one thing?

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Um, wtf are you talking about? I really don't care who a "footballer" is, and what you think of them. I don't care who can run, and for how long. (I mean, what the hell is the point if its not entertaining? I'm sure many NFL guys guys couldn't run a marathon, but who really gives a damn?) I'm not into the childish "our guys vs. your guys" thing. (Football and Rugby are two ****ing different sports btw) All I know is, that was some boring sh*t you just posted on the bbs, and I demand an apology for being urged to click on it.

16. ScreamingRocketJet

You "demand" an apology? For trying to show you there's other games and contesting your right to self love claim "world championships"

Like you want your waldorf salad fixed? (The Poms will get that)

Oh...and a 60 minute game that takes four hours is really entertaining.

At least we don't play 'sport' just to fill in the time before the commerical breaks...

W@nker.

#16 ScreamingRocketJet, Jan 29, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

so a dude can just kick the ball into the endzone (or whatever it's called) and if his teammate just makes contact with it it's a try? don't even need possession? i was surprised, i didn't expect the first score to count.

few things, most tackles seem to be made with 2 or 3 people (and the guy with the ball seems to like to run into 2 or 3 people), the people making the tackles don't have to go all out at that point b/c they have so much help, and the other people start relaxing once the other 3 are on the guy. they also get time to rest b/t the try and kick and then they went to commercial after the kick so that's more rest.

oh and rugby players don't have a monopoly on lung capacity and endurance just in case you didn't know.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

oh and did an american piss on your vegamite sandwich or something SRJ. what is this huge crusade against the whole world championship thing, now trying to prove their's other sports out there, and the whole time trying to say how superior the rugby players are, and now how your sports are real sport unlike our 'sports'. what gives.

19. dimsie

dimsie Member

It's 'Vegemite'. And I think SRJ is being what we call a dag or a hard case. I wouldn't take him entirely seriously.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Dude, you're still not getting it.

I DON'T CARE.

You don't like American football? Fine. Sometimes I don't either. But if you're going to provide a link to something that's supposed to be so much better, it damn well better be. What I just watched sucked. You think I find 60 minute games that take four hours entertaining? I DON'T. But the alternative you just gave wasn't any better.

No, I demand an apology for false advertising. Being told I was going to watch something better that football, and only seeing the same boring sh*t with no commercial breaks. But wait, it wasn't the same, my bad, it was worse. Like I said, somebody put a move on someone. Spin, jump, juke, hell I don't care. Just do something.

And what's with this: "contesting your right to self love claim "world championships"

When the hell did I do that? Is that just how you categorize all Americans? Listen, buddy, as a black male in America, I really don't need anything else to be stereotyped about. And definitely not something as stupid as how I label championships.

And finally there's this:
    "You "demand" an apology? For trying to show you there's other games..."

Well I humbly thank you then, cause my dumb, American ass had no idea. :rolleyes: