1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 10 Inexcusable Plays List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by montgo, Jan 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

I was thinking about our play over the past 3-4 games and here is a synopsis of our recent troubles and I think doing the opposite of these things will help win us in the future from the 4 game losing streaks:

10. Leaving Yao Ming out of the game during the final minute when you need a wall at the basket defend lucky throw up shots and to dunk with .4 seconds
    9. Shooting a 3 pointer on a 3 on 1
    8. Not passing the ball to wide open big man under the basket with his sealed defender
    7. Fouling the shooter on the perimeter
    6. Rotating off the primary shooter (Nowitzki..etc)
    5. Allowing the opposition more offensive rebounds than your total team rebounds
    4. Shooting below 70% free throws on the road
    3. Coming out of a timeout and turning the ball over
    2. Throwing the ball away on a 3 on 1
    1. Not passing the ball to the wide open wings on a 3 on 1 with the defender position to take a charge on the middle ball handler

Can you think of others. Let's compile a list--each bullett cannot be more thant 2 lines so be brief..

2. moomoo

moomoo Member

Not even attempting, not once, to post up a guy almost a foot shorter than you and who you no doubt could bench press, 15 reps minimum.

3. moomoo

moomoo Member

Since it's so rare to be defended by someone shorter than your short little dribbler a$$, you get overexcited when it finally does happen, and so you decide it's your time to take him 1-on-1, but instead you end up dribbling out the shot clock while staring him down on the perimeter.

Sorry that one was so long. Had to get that one off my chest. :)

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...
    dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...
    dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...dribbling...brick...opponent rebound...don't get back on D...two plus the foul.

I've seen it one too many times.

5. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

montgo,

So far, got it down to 67 :D ;)

...guess I'll have to get back to you.

D R

6. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

10. Terrence Morris dribbling
    9. Cuttino Mobley passing
    8. Moochie Norris doing anything
    7. Moochie Norris doing anything
    6. Moochie Norris doing anything
    5. Moochie Norris doing anything
    4. Moochie Norris doing anything
    3. Moochie Norris doing anything
    2. Moochie Norris doing anything
    1a. Moochie Norris doing anything
    1. Moochie Norris doing anything

7. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

any play involving terrence morris

8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My favorites...

Against the Bulls we are up in the 2nd quarter, I think, by about four or five points. Mobley takes consecutive out of rythem long shots with nobody in position to board. Bulls turn the two "turnovers" into four points and it ignites a rally. You know the rest.

My other favorite is fourth quarter of a tight game... we can't make a pair of free throws. Bulls again... Francis Mobley and Yao all split a pair in the fourth. All good shooters. Drives me nuts. Against the Grizz we make 15 out of 15 in the fourth. I can't stand it.

9. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I used to hate Terence Morris but he can actually shoot. He is OK.

10. montgo

another one.....8 second backcourt violation as you casually roll up the court with ball...singing a song to yourself...

11. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Being unable (or unwilling) to pass to the cutting big man on a pick and roll, even when the guard draws the double team.

12. heech

heech Contributing Member

Setting up an elaborate play where the big-men set into the high post, setting double screens for cutters, the entire team sliding past defenders through the lane for the open pass, switching from the strong side to the weak side of the court...

... while the guard with the ball dribbles in one spot for 15 seconds, and then puts up a contested shot.

13. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Mobley, Mobley, Mobley....

Need I say more?

But the unexcusable part is watching his D in the second half.

When the Mavs went on that tear of three's in the third quarter almost each time it was in Mobes part of the Zone.

Each time I saw him camping underneath the basket or in the lane just running around guarding already guarded players or awaiting rebounds. After about the UMMMMMMMM 5th time I saw the Mavs abuse him on this you'd think he'd of gotten the idea and extened his D and allowed the front court to play the post D. Nope, this trend continued well into the 4th quarter.

DoD and Codell brought it to my attention that Rudy was indeed lambasting Cuttino on the sidelines in the third quarter after about the 4th or 5th time his spot was empty. But I saw him at least a few more times consecutively camping in the lane while his spot was being abused by Finley and Dirk.

My question becomes, if Rudy realized the problem...gave Mobes an earful for it, and Mobes didnt change what he was doing like Rudy was yelling at him for, why was he not sat? Yes he's talented and a starter. But if your the coach and you demand something like Rudy was (Im shocked that he even gave Mobes an earful), and Mobes chooses not to listen.....why was he not sat?

14. montgo

Heech..that was a funny one...had me rolling...I was not sure where is was going at first...then whammy...I had visions of Moochie and Steve..

I have another...running behind the pick, then exasperating it by not flashing or at the very least switching resulting in swishful uncontested jump shot