1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Harden be an all-star this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 30, 2012.

?

Is Harden an All-star this season?

Poll closed Nov 14, 2012.
  1. Yes, he's voted in as a starter

108 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. He's selected as a reserve

176 vote(s)
    59.7%
  3. He misses the cut.

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

:) Hope you're right.

2. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I think Kobe, Chris Paul, and Nash are too popular for Harden and Lin to sneak in there.

3. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Yeah I wanna see how popular Lin really is when the voting comes.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I think he'll make it as a reserve for sure.

The Starting Line-up is practically already set. Same as last year, but swap Bynum for Howard.

I think Parker and Westbrook will be automatic for the guard reserves. Harden will have to hope he can get in the wi

I think this is what the Western All-Star team might look like
    G: Chris Paul
    G: Kobe Bryant
    F: Kevin Durant
    F: Blake Griffin
    C: Dwight Howard
    ----------------------
    G: Tony Parker
    G: Russell Westbrook
    G: Steve Nash
    F: Kevin Love
    F: Dirk Nowitzki OR Pau Gasol (Leaning towards Gasol, but coaches love give vets spots just because)
    C: Marc Gasol
    ---
    Final Spot: Between Manu Ginobli, James Harden and LaMarcus Aldridge

You know they won't resist putting the entire 'Big 4' on the All-Star game. I think LMA might get a knock on him for being on a losing team. I think, if James Harden turns this ship around and starts showing the world he's an elite SG, he may get the nod over Ginobli. Plus he's on the hosting city's team.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

In China, well-known =/= popular. He got tons of haters/doubters right here.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The ASG group PG and SG together. There are plenty of great PGs in the West.

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Unless Lin put up numbers of 18-7 or 16-8, and Harden put up numbers of 20-5-5 or 23-4-4, many of the Chinese fans wont vote them into the ASG.

8. Grigori

Grigori Member

If the Rockets win, then he will go; if the Rockets lose, then he won't.

Fans are fickle and have short memories.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If he's not voted in as a starter, he's not gonna make it. His team will not be good enough and a player who hasn't made it but deserves it in the past will make it. Aldridge,randolph,gay,,but he will be close. I don't see the coaches voting him in.

10. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

Don't underestimate the Yaow.......errrrrrrrrrrr Lin effect. James absolutely gets in on Lin's China coattails. Don't be surprised if Chandler or anyone who rises to be a regular contributor gets the same treatment. If, as weakly rumored, we get another star then we could easily have a bunch of "Allstars".

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

No chance he gets voted in above Kobe, CP3, and Westbrook. But the coaches will vote him in. Assuming just a slight uptick in raw stats, something like 21/5/4, he'd be a match to any of the lower tier all-star. And with the game in Houston, I'm sure any tie will favor Harden.

12. Jet036

Jet036 Member

I hope Lin isn't voted to start in the ASG - he doesn't deserve it

13. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

No one deserves it til the voting comes

14. kent335

kent335 Member

+1. If Jeremy tells his fans to vote for Harden, Harden will get in. Otherwise, no.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lin will most likely start because of how popular he is. Harden will be all star material no doubt, only question is if the league will want to give a around 500 team 2 all stars. I personally think they will because of the All Star game being in Houston.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You realize the fan vote is only for starters? Reserves are voted in by coaches. Lin is not making it buddy.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

I realize that. Maybe I am overestimating his popularity. We shall see. I personally think the fan vote will make it happen because I think he is that popular. If I am wrong so be it.

18. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

I don't think Lin nor Harden is more popular then Yao and Kobe in China.

19. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Lin is not as popular as many ppl think here in China. yes he has a lot of fans but not even close to kobe or Cp3's level. His popularity in US has everything to do with his underdog story, how he battled biases and discrimination etc, but ordinary ppl here dont really understand that bc obviously no one holds bias towards asians here. So Lin will get votes but probably not enough to challenge the other guys.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The difference between Yao and Lin is that even though Yao got a lot of votes from china he still would have been the starter anyways. Besides his first 2 yrs he was the best center in the entire league and a top 10 overall player, that's why he started in the Allstar game. Everybody voted Yao from 04-09 for west starting center what other choice did you really have? Now with Lin he's not even a top 10 pg yet. I think he has great potential to be a top flight pg he's a very good distributor. The other stuff will come but he knows how to make others better and that's the number one thing you want out of a young pg. he's basically a 2nd yr player so he has a lot of room to grow. With that said unless he avg 18 and 10 he better not be voted in over cp3 or Westbrook. That would really be embarrassing for our franchise. James harden will be an Allstar this yr because we're the host and he's gonna avg 27 5 5 and were gonna be a legit playoff team. I have been watching him play since college hes a baller who like the big stage and his game is elite already he's the real deal and morey just pulled of the equivalent of snagging away dwade in his 3rd yr in the league. Basically we got extreamly lucky to get a player that's gonna be the best 2 guard in the league by this time next yr.

1 person likes this.