1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EG & Mobley for Miller & Brand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 27, 2003.

Tags:
?

EG & Mobes for A. Miller & Brand

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Personally I think Mobley is redundant in this offense, and I think that moving Francis to the 2 guard and installing Miller at the 1 would work wonders.

Also, Brand is a much better PF then anyone we have currently.

The Clips might do this because they don't want to pay both of these players....this year.

Thoughts?

DD

PS. I know...stupid trade idea number 183,005 but what the heck the Chicago game still pisses me off.

2. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

i don't think the clips would do that ,but i would take it in a heartbeat!!!

3. Sane

Sane Member

I don't know. you guys have to consider the fact that Miller wants the Max, so he walks if we don't give it to him.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I would take Maggette and leave francis at the pg. If Francis struggles holding pg now, imagine what would happen if he had to hold 2 guards.

5. The Fever

The Fever Member

I agree, don't think the clips would do it. Not only that, aren't both free agents at the end of the year? I would love to lock Elton up long term, but we couldn't afford both. Both will be looking for the max, and I don't see it fitting with our payroll since we are giving Cato and MoT way too much money.

Great idea though!

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Clips would do it, I'd do it. Then, I sign both to max contracts (well, maybe near max for Miller). Yeah, we'd be stuck in luxury tax land, but Les can afford it if he really wants to.

And it isn't anything against Griffin or Mobley; this deal is just too lopsided to pass.

7. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

Exactly, this deal is wayyyyy too lopsided. The Clips loved Miles and would not have sent him to Cle if they didn't really want Miller. They might possibly think about Odom/Maggette for this package, but not two allstars for Cat and Griff

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'm not convinced about moving SF to the 2, but the trade looks pretty good to me if it nets Brand.

I wouldn't be so sure about LAC not being up for this deal. They get a PF back who's still in his rookie contract and a scorer with a lowball contract. Remember, it's all about saving money with those guys. If the deal's anywhere near fair they'd look at it. They're not gonna pay the four guys on their roster looking for max or near max deals. This would be another chance to postpone the inevitable.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you want to get interesting Da Da

how about Mobes and Griffin for

Brand and Jaric

this way we get a tall past first two to compliment our short shoot first one. We also won't run into the problems with payroll and the numbers crunch out.

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ooh...I like Jaric.

Brand and Miller is a cap problem for the Rox. We can't really field 4 max contracts. 3 is do-able. EG and Cat for Brand + cheaper player, ok. I don't think Miller is a Max pg. I like him, though. I also get the heebie jeebies just thinking about Steve (or Miller)trying to defend Kobe, much less Jason Richardson or Bonzi Wells. You already know my Odom idea. btw, Brand had a triple double last night. Either Brand or Odom are good Max players to fit in with Ming (and Steve) for the future. Both very solid team basketball players.

I'd be delighted to swap two above average knucklehead talents for 1 legit allstar with brains. Who wouldn't?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Here's another for you, DaDakota...

Brand, Miller, Piatkowski
    for
    Mobely, Griffin, Norris

It works dollar wise, gives the Clips a point, shakes up the Rocks (in a GOOD way), and is even MORE lop-sided... as far as talent is concerned. We worry about signing all three, and Sterling gets three long cap-friendly contracts. :)

12. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Lets see:

Miller is better than Mobley in an area of need.
    Brand is way better than EG in an area of need.

TRADE ACCEPTED.

13. snowmt

snowmt Member

How about Francis + Griffin -> Brand + Miller

Miller + Mobley + Posey + Brand + Yao, you have every piece.

14. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

why a re we debating trades that will never happen? maybe we can trade collier for garnett or nachbar for the right s to lebron james..

come on people...

15. Sane

Sane Member

I don't know. you guys have to consider the fact that Miller wants the Max, so he walks if we don't give it to him.

16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a similar idea to this in another thread, except I'd be willing to give more.

Houston trades:
    Cuttino Mobley
    Eddie Griffin
    Bostjan Nachbar
    Kelvin Cato
    Pair of 2nd rounders from Chicago

Houston receives:
    Elton Brand
    Andre Miller
    Eric Piatkowski
    Sean Rooks

Miller/(Francis)/Moochie
    Francis/Piatkowski
    Posey/Morris/Rice
    Brand/Taylor
    Yao/Rooks/(Brand)

IR: Maddox, Collier

Clippers get an instant replacement for Kandi, a young talented replacement for Brand, a big time scorer whose friendship will help them resign Odom, and more talent on a rookie contract in Nachbar.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Most of us, sirhangover, are aware of the unlikelyhood of this deal (or deals) happening, but toss in the Chicago obligation and a future protected #1 and you never know. It IS Sterling, after all.

As for him taking Francis, I don't think he'll ever trade for a Max contract. That's what makes any of this remotely possible.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just saw your post, NIKEstrad. That would REALLY shake things up! :)

19. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

lets propose more realistic trades...andre miller for mobley I could maybe see but brand is never going to happen

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

hangover: All due respect, but of course it could happen. No Clipper now or ever before is untouchable under Sterling. If he can avoid a max contract and get anything near value he'll consider it seriously. Any other team, I'd say you were right. With regard to the Clippers, you're dead wrong.