1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Pearl Jam coming to H-town

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Free Agent, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I was at that show! And I liked it at the time because they were my favorite band. Still, I didn't think it was the best show I'd ever been too.

I few months later, I saw Nirvana in Houston. At the time, I like PJ much better than Nirvana, but Nirvana absolutely ROCKED!

After that, PJ slipped a bit in my opinion.

2. Pole

Chance....we're you going to school there at the time?

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That's hilarious...I went to school there at the time and I remember purposely missing this show. I did go to a party with some of the out-of-towner attendees afterward. I heard it sucked. I think I heard some of PJ was drunk...not sure, though. This one guy I was with who also passed on the show got so high he passed out instead and scraped up his chin on the carpet.
    That was a fun party night.

4. Pole

I was a bartender in Nacogdoches at the time; I may have even made you guys some drinks before.

5. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

yeah I was in school there. Where did you bartend because if it was within fifteen miles of Nac I drank there.

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

What does it take to get a decent ticket to this or any concert these days?

Waiting in line? On the phone?

How?

7. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Free agent, you can go in line or i think in usa also u can get over the net at ticketmaster.com... im pretty sure u can

8. Pole

Blank and Co.

Dollar longnecks on Wednesday nights with live blues bands.

More live blues bands on Saturday night with LOTS of BLANK-OUTS

9. Chance

B & Co. sold out! they are on North St. now. I had business in Nac and got to hang there a lot. Sweet. How old are you?

10. Pole

35. I started there shortly after they opened as a busboy. I only did that for six weeks before the head chef walked out. Within a few months I was head chef, and my roomate was kitchen manager. I was partying too much though and doing bad in school, so I quit and came back to Houston for the summer.

At the end of the summer I went back and told the Blanks, "I'd like to come back, but I can't afford to work in the kitchen. I need to be a waiter." They asked if I'd rather bartend instead. Took me about two seconds to decide. I bartended there until '94, so I was there for quite a while.

There's a few things on the menu I invented. I came up with the Blank's bullet sub.....except, someone else decided to menu it with honey mustard (I always used to put the sourcream/horseradish mixture that you serve with prime rib on it). I also came up with the stealth bomber that's on the shot menu. It was well-named.

good times....that I remember. I lived in the Market for quite a while (above that old antique store on Main street.) We partied entirely too much.

11. Chance

no ****! We need to start trading names and find some commonalities. Were you in a fraternity?

chance

12. Pole

cool.....I sent you an e-mail

13. Holden

Holden Member

Pearl what?

Eddie Who?

this is the most worthless mainstream band since metallica..
    some mainstream music baffles the mind...

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Metallica is not worthless, and they are not done. They are one of the best rock/metal bands ever and my favorite band. They make good slow songs and great high powered music(Nothing else matters-Enter Sandman), and everyone should have the privilege of seeing them live with the Ecstasy of Gold opening.

They definitely are not overrated. They are a great band.

To each their own.

15. Holden

Holden Member

To each their own.