1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Lance Armstrong finally be caught?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by updawg, Aug 5, 2010.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

All the ladies that wish you would shutup about Lance Armstrong? :confused:

;)

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hehe :grin:

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Obviously, you could say that. But, you can't discount the work Livestrong has done in the battle against cancer...unless you have some eyewitnesses who can prove he cheated at that, too, and maybe some physical evidence (doubtful).

lol

We condemn the cyclist and praise the cancer fighting humanitarian? Yea...that's a pretty good shield he has there.

4. Heath

Heath Member

The evidence have been there to nail him before, but the UCI did not (want to) take action. UCI needs to be brouhgt down as well an replaced with a new organization. At the very least it has to be cleaned out of all the current crop of leaders.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2012/10/11/3608613.htm

1 person likes this.
  5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Heath? you're still alive? Holy ****.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He stepped down as chairman of his foundation due to the cheating scandal and Nike terminated his contract because he misled them for a decade while cheating. It's all over for him now. ;)

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In the end he's still got millions in his bank account and fans. I'd say it was well worth cheating.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not just about money. He's hated amongst his peers, and his legacy has been completely tarnished. He's not going to be able to make public appearances without people whispering about him, and he lost adoration and respect from all over the world. His name is always going to be synonymous with cheating. No amount of money in the world can replace the feeling of complete abandonment.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the people who really care and love will continue to love him. the people who turn their back on him now never truly cared or loved him. good riddance.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

How can anyone support this guy? Just because he's a "Texan"? This is one of the lowest character guys in the history of sports. A liar, a cheater, and a borderline sociopath. His own wife helped him through cancer and then when he got well, he dumped her and went after celebrities like Sheryl Crow and Kate Hudson - then when Crow got cancer Lance dumped her so that he didn't have to deal with it.

How can anyone still defend this guy???? I just don't get it. smdh

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think it was well worth cheating. And Lance Armstrong will find out that it was not.

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think it's great you are holding these guys accountable for their ridiculous comments.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't know. Losing your credibility, being a bully, having a bunch of sheep as fans, becoming a pariah...but you end up with $100M in your pockets and being on top of the cycling world for decades...I might understand.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

You really made a jerk out of yourself through this whole thing. smh

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's interesting to re-read this thread. I didn't quote all the posts which were aggressive, some people really kind of stand out there. There are older threads with even more vitriol (when there were more people still thinking he was innocent).

It's okay to be wrong, but wouldn't have hurt to come out and at least take back the attacks made in the process. Oh well.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was wrong. Living in Austin I was caught up in phenomenon in the late 90's he was epic. There was a parade in 1999 or 2000 that had about 100k people show up on Congress Ave for him to ride by before some concert.

Later I figured he was doping, but not at the level people were accusing him of. I enjoyed ****ing with ATW about Lance which dates back to the Jan Ulrich ecstasy days... ****ing GERMANS. But I don't think you can win a modern TDF without some help -- we've seen plenty of proof of that.

The thing I had problem with was the sheer amount of transfusions and injections he took -- it seems like he would have track marks on every vein. And transfusions aren't easy how he pulled off so many without getting caught is amazing and very sketchy. Blood transfusions aren't quick or easy.

TL; DR **** Lance Armstrong

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

KC, I always love your posts. Hey, I initially thought Ullrich wasn't doping! I probably defended him on here as well. So I was wrong, too.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

Look, some people were just wrong on their opinions. Lots of people were wrong about Lance Armstrong. He's a good liar. But DonnyMost in particular was very aggressive and in a way very passive aggressive and he tried to make you look like a crazy obsessed person over this when you were just simply seeing the truth and trying to explain it. And then DonnyMost has the nerve to say "I didn't doubt he was doping all along" while trying to make the whole thing seem innocent now that the truth is out and he's STILL trying to make you look like the crazy one. DonnyMost needs to be held accountable for his ridiculous takes and his passive aggressive behavior on this subject. Reading through this thread makes him look like a real buffoon.

It's no different to me than when people said LeBron was a choker, would NEVER win a championship, and never shows up in big games. Some people simply stated it which is fine and I had no problem with their opinions, but others raved on and on about it and attacked my character for believing LeBron would do it. Those are the people I held accountable after he torched the Celtics and won his championship. They were no different than DonnyMost in this particular situation.

1 person likes this.
  20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The Society today:

Bash Armstrong for cheating to win.

Praise Ray Lewis for winning games and showing passion even after murdering human beings.