1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/14/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2012.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Jeremy played scurred today. Parker and the vets did a number on them. Then, he didn't get his way in the paint turned it over a few times from get go and it snowballed. He obviously didn't feel comfortable with the spacing and didn't "lead" but rather hid. In addition there was no 2nd option as there were no vets out there so he had no time to regroup. I hope he figures if out in the next couple games.
    Also, I don't like how he kept depending on Asik so much. KMart would've helped and that's why I'm against trading him.
    As for the rest, Asik looked good. Lamb's got a deadly shot. Machado looked good. Their defense needs some work though to get some more burn.

2. luden

luden Member

I don't think Mchale is going anywhere. Did you read what Morey said on reddit? He was positive of Mchale; he provides leadership and fits their culture.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

At least none of the '12fers hitting the board are over reacting...

Help us tinman, you're our only hope.

4. mirus

mirus Member

can some of u guys calm down ,i just want to read some good analysis,and now i cant find most of them :(

5. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Lin had a terrible game. But pls don't lose confidence. Accept the fact that you don't live up to the expectation yet, but don't let the pressure and voices get to you.

6. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Get rid of Lin. Get rid of McHale. Get rid of the entire Texans secondary. Get rid of Schaub. C'mon Houston... calm down.

1 person likes this.
  7. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

FACTS about Lin

1 - Lin had played on training camp at 2 guard posicion and not as PG , so he needs time to mesh with team mates on offense.

2 - Starters prefer play into ISO , don´t need much assists, they make themselves their shots.

3 - Coach´s offense is only Pick and Roll (until now), plays with the Center player, and Asik is a good passer so this will reduce Lin assists numbers.

4 - SA Spurs made 15 3-points shots 71,5% , from PF and 2 guard posicion, this show how our DEFENSE were awfully bad.

[​IMG]

8. kastuul

kastuul Member

The Lakers lost 3 games in a row.
    Should they kill themselves because of pre-season games?

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes, they'll finish 0-82.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Lin only Fans: defend and reasoned out Lin's performance.

Rockets Old timers: cautious optimism. They've experienced a lot of just being there, but can't seem to get it.

New Rockets Fans: just back and enjoy the ride :)

11. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

^ just sit back and enjoy the ride. (Not on a Royce bus, ok)

12. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Machado totally outshines Lin. This is what happens when he spent over a month in the summer touring Asia like a rock star, instead of grinding his nose here day in and day out. Can't blame anybody else this time.

1 person likes this.
  13. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

Machado and Tonney had played on PG in ALL training camp.

Was at least 20 scrimmages and more than 15 days.

Lin had only played on 2 guard position. He needs time now to adjust with the offense.

Tonney and Machado just played against the 2º squad rival teams.

Our bench team needs more assists than our start team.

Even Lamb or Jones dont need assists to score.

14. VanityHalfBlack

He was in Asia before Linsanity and at the time was with Golden State.. I don't see how that has to do with anything...

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well thanks for posting that picture because I had a hard time understnding the same exact text that you types. Where would I be without that picture?

And 1, 2 & 3 are based more on opinion if anything. And #4 is a fact about the Spurs. So its not exactly 'Facts about Lin'

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think he is talking about this summer. Once again there is a a lot of overreaction I must confess I am a little bit surprised that it happened so early. Figured people would wait until pre-season started.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

the counter argument:

1 - Lin had played on training camp at 2 guard posicion and not as PG , so he needs time to mesh with team mates on offense.

2 - Starters prefer play into ISO , don´t need much assists, they make themselves their shots.

3 - Coach´s offense is only Pick and Roll (until now), plays with the Center player, and Asik is a good passer so this will reduce Lin assists numbers.

4 - SA Spurs made 15 3-points shots 71,5% , from PF and 2 guard posicion, this show how our DEFENSE were awfully bad.

18. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

A lot of so called rockets fans are immature crying babies. Worst in the league.

19. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

I still can not forgive the fact that during 93-94 NBA finals, there were plenty of empty seats in the upper rows of Compaq center:mad:

20. roksoer

roksoer Member

the greatest post of all times