1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly "insider" talks trash about Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 7, 2012.

1. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

c'mon man

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah 25M over 3 ****ing years. How much is Felton making again? :rolleyes:

I don't really get all these "overrated" crap, these guys always talk like we're paying Lin a max contract or something. 8M a year is pretty much average for a pg in the league, excluding Lowry's phenomenal 6M a year deal you had Andre Miller, Raymond Felton, Dragic and that pg in Memphis making around the same amount. Even in the remote chance Lin busts, his mere presence on the team probably gave Houston more than enough $$$ in endorsements to be worth the investment, and he's only under contract for 2 years, after which he becomes an expiring which could be traded.

LOL from what I can these are really just sour grapes from NYC. Just like with the Asik signing, there is no reason to hate on this deal. None.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Who else were they going to spend that money on?

4. amaru

amaru Member

Dwight Howard

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

GORAN DRAGIC

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I guarantee you the statistics that this insider has access to are NOT the ones Maurie used to justify Lin's contract.

7. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

The NY Daily News will probably talk about this contract until 50 years after Lin's death.

8. mirus

mirus Member

Wasnt daily news want to take over the ny post but failed?
    and also mitch & Isola just want to grab attention.
    in another day berman just create something out of nothing from lin's media day interview.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why would NY media cares about what a Philly insider said?

10. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Report: Jrue Holiday wants a max extension; that's nice

By Matt Moore | Senior Blogger
    July 2, 2012 2:29 pm ET

0 | Comment

Jrue Holiday wants a max extension. I want a jetpack. (Getty Images)

Yahoo Sports reports that Philadelphia 76ers point guard Jrue Holiday is "seeking a max contract extension" from the Sixers.

As my father-in-law would say, people in hell want ice water.

Holiday shot 43 percent last year for an offensively dreadful Sixers team, and was 25th among guards playing 30 minutes or more in Assist Rate. He's a fine defender but only averaged 14.4 points and 5 assists per 36 minutes. Holiday was supposed to be the player who took the next step and became a star for the Sixers, but instead took a step back last season.

It's not that he's not a quality starting point guard in the league. He is. But he's nowhere close to a max player. The Sixers have been careful with extensions and managing their roster. It's hard to see them committing max money to a player who hasn't really even separated himself into the top tier of the club. Evan Turner spent time at point guard last season and flourished, and while he's not likely to be the full-time starter at that position, the fact that he will probably run it at times does take away from Holiday's value.

If Holiday wants a max contract, he's going to have to make a massive jump next year. It's hard to see it coming any time soon. If the Sixers do ... well, we'll have to talk about that, now won't we?

Tags: Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday, 2012 Free Agency, 2012 Free Agents, Free Agency, Free Agents, Philadelphia 76ers, NBA

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...jrue-holiday-wants-a-max-extension-thats-nice

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I was speaking in a general sense, i.e. whatever stats they used will justify giving Lin his contract.

Its been a while since I've taken a statistics course, but we aren't comparing apples to oranges here. Both of them will be taking data from the same sources and can theoretically come up with the same numbers when crunched. The difference is a matter of the depth, which numbers are given more significance and how those numbers are used.

As I said earlier, whatever stats the insider has probably justifies Lin's contract, but the insider choose to disregard those stats. Probably due to a small sample size and Lin not being the typical color of your average NBA player.

12. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

13. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

lin overrated over payed.... n he will be a allstar because 1.5 plus billion fans n china say so

14. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Haha I actually agree...They overpaid him based on his hype. I dont think he can run the team. The Rockets will do good this year and give all credit to Lin, they do bad they say Lin doesnt have help and we are young. Lets just admit it now, we made a mistake with Lin.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lin may not be worth the contract, but he is a good pick to lead this team. He is also the perfect person to motivate Machado.

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

People keep complaining like Lin's contract is a max or something. I can't stand the ignorant people that are the Knicks fan who keep saying that Lin came back to the Rockets and ask the Rockets for more money. Lin has basically an average starting PG salary. In 3 years, the average of his contract would come out to a little more than 8 million a year.

The Knicks have paid average players with max money all the time. They overpaid for Amare and other players on that roster. Its their fault that they can't lowball Lin. The Rockets have their own different agenda than others and not every team has the same. The Rockets are going a different direction from the 76ers. The Rockets doesn't want to be stuck in the middle so they are starting over and they feel like Lin is perfect for that rebuilding role and they have to do what they have to do in order to snatch Lin away from the Knicks.

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I see your pont. :)

18. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Tyson Chandler?

Lol, you're not even giving him a chance to play a single game for us before declaring this? So are you actually saying that if the Rockets turn out to be good, it can't be Lin leading the team to wins, doesn't matter what others say. But if the Rockets sucks, Lin must be the one dragging the team down, just that no one will admit it. Damn, he just can't win, can he? :p

I would like to believe that most of us are smart enough to judge who and what contributes to wins and losses.

Honestly, I'm not convinced that Lin's all that great yet, but I'd reserve my judgement until he plays a good number of games for the Rockets.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Every Rockets fan knows signing Lin had very little to do with Morey's vaunted stats and analysis. Pump in the numbers into any computer black box for Dragic and Lin and you don't come out with Lin is a better player than Dragic nor is he a better value based on what the Suns signed him for and what the Rox signed Lin for.

It was Uncle Les after watching the Toronto game calling Morey up and saying "Are you watching the game? Tell me why we let him go again? He's playing very well." Translation, "You screwed up and cost me a lot of Taiwan and Chinese money and you better get him back."

20. Prince

Prince Member