1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do so many people ride Kidd's jock

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Jan 23, 2003.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I admitt he is a good player (top 3 pg in the league), but he didn't do crap for almost 8 years in the league except lose before he came to the Nets. He beat his wife to the point that she called the cops on his ass. Even last year(mvp candidate season), his team wasn't even a top 4 team in the league. Any of the WC semi-finalist would have swept the Nets last season. Do you think the Nets could beat any of the top four teams in the west in a playoff series this season. Kidd took almost 10 years in the league to learn how to shoot.

People say he makes his teammates better. I agree to a certain extent. But did the suns players look any worse after the trade. Didn't Kidd play with cerbollas(sp?), a healthy Googs, Marion, and Clifford Robinson. Did any of these players look better playing with Kidd.

I think Stockton is better in this regard than Kidd is. Stockton made Anderson, Eisley, Marshall, Russell, ostertag and Harpring look good and we all know how good these player were with other teams. Kidd made Kmart(#1 draft pick) look good. Did Van Horn look better playing with Kidd? Last year, Van Horn's numbers were the worst of his career.

I'm not arguing that Kidd is not a great player, I'm just wondering why people talk about him like he is the best thing since sliced bread.

2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Kidd seems to once again be a popular choice for MVP. I say Tim Duncan still does more with much less, seeing that the other 4 starters on his team could barely make other nba rosters.

3. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Who talks about him in this way???

Besides...being a good point guard who distribuites the ball really well doesn't necessarily mean that you automatically turn your team mates into good players. It depends on how your game is and how your teammates' games are. Would stockton turn a team like the bulls/grizz into playoff form? Probably not...not even stock in his prime. Would kidd turn them into playoff teams too? probably not. It depends on who you play with and the chemistry you have with each other. Just because you can make great passes doesn't mean they know how and where to be to receive your pass.

Just because the suns sucked with Kidd doesn't mean that it was his fault they sucked. Do you really think that steph is a better point guard than kidd??? Kidd just fit in better with the nets and players like kmart/jefferson play the exact type of game that players should play to succeed with a player like kidd...they fast break on every possession :D

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Kidd is the best PG in the league, but he is not better than sliced bread

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I ride his jock because I want his wife.

6. UTmo

UTmo Contributing Member

yup, she is one hot lady... :D

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

ESPN, CNNSI, pretty much all the press. He is getting MVP attention again this year. Some people said he deserved it over Duncan last year and alot of people on this board would trade Francis for him.

8. drapg

drapg Member

He's improved. The past is the past. He's matured into the greatest point guard in the game (in my opinion).

He took a team that was slated to win 30-40 games max last season and led them to the NBA Finals.

Jordan didn't do much in his first 6 years in the league, playoff flameouts, etc. We don't judge him on those years, but on what he did afterwards.

Kidd is starting to come into this own and proving himself worthy of the heaps of praise he has been receiving.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

:D
    For a second there I thought you said " I ride his jock because I AM his wife."

10. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

I don't think Kidd's Suns were ever his team. When he got there, they had KJ and later, they traded for a healthy Penny. Including some of the aforementioned players, he wasn't really seen as the main guy. Let's not forget that those Suns teams were playoff bound every year (I think second to only Utah in terms of consecutive appearances). For some reason, they never put it together for a championship run.

Anyways, last year, you trade two guys who seem to have the same capilities and one takes that playoff bound team out of the playoffs while the other does what drapg has already mentioned. The guy just has the intangibles to be a winner and he doesn't need to score to win. And dn1282 is absolutely right about having the right players around Kidd. Kidd makes the players around him better who complement him. That's why Van Horn was traded.

11. Holden

Holden Member

yeah jason kidd's wife is pretty hot...

...except when they showed her at the finals last year, she really didnt do a very good job of waxing above her lip. and that kind of ruined her for me for the rest of my life. i mean im sure shes beautiful when she does. i know its pretty harsh to say but a woman with a mustache holding a melon headed baby in a nets jersey, just doesnt fill me with desire. if she was single and waxed every day then id say tell her i said hello.
    this post is pretty harsh. im sorry. i wish them well...

..shes not hot.

12. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

He had a brief relationship with a guy while in Dallas. That might be why.

13. JamesC

JamesC Member

I think you mean Cedric Ceballos.