1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jack in the Box Philly Cheesesteak is back!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Jan 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh hell yeah...My favorite fast food item of all time has returned. I used to eat one of these bad boys every day when my metabolism could keep up with my eating habits...I guess I'll have to stick to 3 or 4 per week now...

Yo MadMax! You gonna represent me when I sue Jack in the Box after I turn into an overweight slug? :)

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely not!!! i love jack in the box!!! plus, i'm not one of those slezy plaintiffs' lawyers who sues everyone in sight!! people need to take personal responsibility for their actions, dammit!! makes me soooo mad!!!

by the way...i have an opening at around noon tomorrow..let's meet at jack in the box to discuss your case. ;)

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I am...expect to be served soon. :D ;) :eek:

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

I hope the cheesesteaks at where you're at are better than the ones in Northern Cali. I used to eat one nearly everyday too and I remember them as being filling and hot!! The ones I get now are cold and couldn't fill up Ally McBeal. Very disappointing.

When is Carl's Jr. gonna bring back their guacamole burger!

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is pennance for the Turkey Jack

also - over here the McRib is back at Mickey D's.

I think I'm going to develope Pre-Subway Jared complex.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

mmmm cholesterol

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You gotta love the McRib. I don't know how they get the bone out, but it is truly delicious. Heck, I don't even know if it is real meat.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Some things we are better off not knowing. :)

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The cheesesteaks have been at the Jack in the Box's in Austin since the first week of December. When I went home, I couldn't find them at the Jack in the Box's in Houston. The fattest city in America just keeps on getting fatter :D

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

btw, have you tried the Jack's Chili Cheeseburger? Mmm...

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Atkins style...two Philly Cheesesteaks, a diet coke, and a fork...:D

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That thing in not a burger. I can finish that thing in one bite. More like a beef nugget.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't you have named this "Major boon to fat-asses everywhere" ?

;)

14. drapg

drapg Member

the fattest city in the nation...

15. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

The best "limited time only" fast food sandwich is the Thick and Hearty at Whataburger.

mmmmmmmmmmm

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

eewwww...

That's exactly the problem with McRib. Obviously, real ribs have bones in them. This roughly rib-shaped patty does not. I highly doubt it's from the rib portion of the anatomy at all (not to mention that we don't know what creature's anatomy it would be...). See if you notice a decrease in the number of squirrels or cats in the neighborhood. :D

I don't care how good it tastes, I'm not going near it with a ten-foot fork...

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The McRib is made from all the meat like products that don't pass SPAM's stringent quality control standards...

18. drapg

drapg Member

McDonald's® McRib™ Sandwich

Ingredients:

1 JTM® Brand "Grillin' Ribs" pork patty
    1 6 inch long sandwich bun
    2 Tablespoons McDonald's® Barbecue sauce (see recipe under McNuggets®)
    1 Tablespoon chopped white onion
    3 sour dill pickle slices

Cooking Your McRib®

1. Preheat your griddle to 400°. Cook the pork patty just like a quarter pound beef patty. (consult the package directions for cooking times and other cooking
    options)
    2. Toast the faces of both halves of the bun, using the bun toasting method described throughout this site.
    3. On the toasted crown (top) half, apply the ready mixed barbecue sauce and follow that with the dill pickle slices, spread out evenly.
    4. Put the cooked "rib" patty on next, then add the onions, followed by the heel. (bottom)
    5. Wrap this masterpiece in a 12x16 sheet of waxed paper, let sit 5 minutes, then microwave on high about 15 seconds, still wrapped.
    6. Enjoy a wonderful McRib® Sandwich!

McDonald’s description of this dish is "processed pork shaped like ribs, with pickles, onions, and BBQ sauce."

I'll go vomit now.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Why does every fast food thread always have to turn into a health discussion? I think everyone who eats a Philly Cheesesteak from Jack in the Box knows damn well the nutritional content, or lack thereof. But hey, they're damn good. You shouldn't waste your time worrying about calories and saturated fat. You'll miss out on the fine cuisine that is the Jumbo Jack and two tacos for $2.14.

20. Buck Turgidson

Look no further than the gentleman who posted before you...;)