1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROBERT HORRY APPRECIATION THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carmine Capucci, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Carmine Capucci

Let's take the time to remember Big Game Bob's greatest moments as a Rocket.

Here, I'll start...

- that XMas game in Phoenix against Chuck Wagon where he got 8 dunks in a row and was all screaming at the crowd.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

sounds like a waste of time...on to the next thread..

Horry isnt a rock no more....

3. Carmine Capucci

What? We can't reminisce about great Rockets of the past? I suppose you guys have completely forgotten about Hakeem, Moses, etc. Have an appreciation for the past and show some respect to Rob (who is a Houstonian!). He hasn't always been a Laker/Sun...

Another one! Remember when he threw that towel in Danny Ainge's grill? :) :) :) True, he wasn't a Rocket, but that was a great play.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

yeah ok....
    MOses....Dream..... they are just...how do u say.... NOT comparable to RH?!

If he wears a rocks jersey again.... I will support himie with all my heart and cheerish all the memories he gave us....
    ...does that sound gay?:rolleyes: :p

5. Carmine Capucci

I don't care to discuss your sexual preferences. What is of concern to me are your memories of Big Game Bob as a Rocket. I'm starting to think that I'm the only Rocket fan here with a sense of history. Hopefully, not all of you have jumped the Yao bandwagon.

6. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Speaking of history, remember just last night when Clutch closed one of your threads and posted to (very nicely) ask you to lay off starting new threads and not start them in ALL CAPS?

Why don't you show a little *appreciation* for this BBS (while you are still on it) and show some *respect* to the people who run it, as well as everyone else who reads it? Or, better yet, just go away.

7. Carmine Capucci

I didn't even know one of them was closed. I'm sorry. I won't post in all caps anymore. Thanks for your help. You're a good guy.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Of all the threads he's started, does any of them have even the remotest relation to "game action" or "roster moves"? hmmm....

Not saying ALL of your threads are completely pointless, but maybe refrain from starting one everytime a random thought pops into your head.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

best horry moments:

1. hitting three to beat san antonio in WCF game 1, 1995

2. the entire nba finals in 1995...i think he had 7 steals in game 2

3. playing effective defense on charles barkley

worst horry moments:

1. before game 4 of sonics series in 1996 commenting, "we'll get 'em next year." uh, bob...i have tickets to today's game. how about "gettin' 'em" today?

2. watching him walk up and down the court during game 4 mentioned above...and virtually every regular season game he ever played in

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If only Horry played hard all the time

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The day we traded his lazy A$$ to Phoenix so we could get past Seattle in the playoffs.

DD

12. red

red Contributing Member

here here...never liked horry all that much. he did what he could just to get by...never more.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

No Horry, No championships, period. Love the guy along with Max, Cassell, Elie, even Kenny. Those were the days, you had hope for the rockets even when they are down or back was against the wall, u just know they'd win. You never fear when they were down knowing they'll comeback. You are nervous as f---- when the game is down to the last possession but some how the ROX pull through.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Horry is one of those guys who really tempt you with some brilliant performances to show his true potential, and then disappoint you by not playing that way the rest of the times. I don't hate slackers in general, but I do when they play on my favorite teams.

15. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

i don't remember which game this was, but i think it was 1995-1996 playoffs, he hit like 3 straight line-drive 3's to take the game to overtime, before fouling out. we lost that game, but he got a rocking standing ovation when he left. i'll never forget that thrill.

him, eddie, and elie put the clutch in clutch city.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

My favorite Robert Horry moment was when he knocked up Calvin's daughter, then knocked her around, and then Calvin went looking for him.:)

17. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Reminds me of Franchise

18. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

JBC,
    Even with a smilie, that was in poor taste.

19. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I did not approve of Horry's actions.
    That was probably the only reason he was run out of Houston in the first place. That really pissed Rudy off. Not to mention the other Houston icon Calvin. I often wonder if we still would have made that trade if not for Horrys actions. Guess we will never really know for sure(at least thats how I remember it all going down...if I'm wrong, let me know). I really did like Horry when he was here. Then again, I pretty much love all Rocket players while they are here. I thought he had the potential to be another really good player. I aslo remember him having constant nagging back problems after his first year. That might be why he couldn't bring it every night.

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

You're right. I just couldn't resist wallowing in the gutter given the inauspicious beginnings of this post.