1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rafi, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Samsung Galaxy S3

64.8%
  2. iPhone 5

35.2%
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is there already a thread up about this? Why hasn't anyone reacted to this?

2. hairyme

hairyme Member

Didn't the SAT poll already establish that this forum has a lot of Asians??

I think we all know which phone wins this one....

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

iphone 5 wins

samsung inferior

4. HombreDeHierro

My s3 gets hot. My s3 locks up. My s3 is too wide. My s3 has stupid touch buttons that i accidentally hit bc the phone is too big. My s3 has the worst interface for taking screen captures. My s3 has iffy battery life on full power mode. The low power mode really sucks. Why the **** are my text messages in the call log?! My s3 is plastic and feels cheap in my hand at times. WINAMP is supposed to be the best music player and it BLOWS

my iphone never had any of said issues. It just worked and looked good doing it. Going back to iphone

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

[​IMG]

I have an SIII. No complaints. It makes calls, sends text, and I can internetz

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I never liked the huge size of the sIII, plus it still doesn't have jellybean. I am extremely satisfied with my galaxy nexus with the new 4.1. Get on our level other phones

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Galaxy Nexus.

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

Texts in your call log? You done goofed. I don't have that issue

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's about the OS for me.

I simply love Android over iOS.

SG3 for me. Although, if I'm shopping for an Android phone, I really only consider the Nexus line of phones unless something else just completely blows me away.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Totally legit complaints if they're happening to you but just in case anyone is considering an S3.

Mine doesn't get hot, ever. Never had it lock up. I like the width and don't think it's wide, but I've noticed the slender phones can fall easier. I've never hit any buttons on accident except for on the keyboard. You'd think a bigger screen would mean less missed button presses wouldn't you - oh well.... The phone has the best battery life I've seen since the first Blackberry Bold. You can edit settings to remove the texts from the call log. I don't think it's a call log, it's a general log...never used winamp. I like the feel a lot more than the S2 but the Infuse and HTC phones do feel superior.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Screen size is a key for me so that combined with the fact that android works fine (probably not as well as OS6, but good enough) will make my next phone a Galaxy Note. I do agree that the construction of iPhones is clearly better than Samsung.

12. HombreDeHierro

Figured out the call log nonsense.

It gets warm i should say, not hot. The bottom half of the phone especially. Im sure iphones release just as much heat but the metal casing is a very efficient heatsink.

Plastic insulates too well. One of the main reasons i wanna go back to ios is itunes. I miss using it. Also the music player on iphone cant be beaten

13. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Samsung Note 2

14. TISNF

TISNF Member

Interesting. I'm pretty much down between Nexus or S3 (or iPhone 4s...I guess).

I would consider the Lumia 920, but it's just too long of a wait, and I think it's a little safer to stay within Android and iOS, if nothing else than the apps market compared to Nokia/Windows.

How much "better" is the S3 versus Nexus?

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

16. blink

blink Contributing Member

I'm on jellybean with my s3. no big deal. works well.

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

no apps work properly for iphone 5, every app on the store doesn't fit the screen so you have 2 blackk bars on each side, so the extra large screen is useless. The developers have to make double apps now

18. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

My sister got a Galaxy S3 for her birthday and that thing is huge. Sort of like a mini tablet.

19. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

Getting the S3 this monday :grin:...im going to be waiting for jellybean afterwards.:mad:

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Uhhhh... no.