1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2012.

1. likestohypeguy

C'mon guys, we can DO this! We'll be sitting pretty at 3-0 if everyone pitches in & does their part. Hey peyton we have a little surprise for you... SWATT that meat Hahaha!

LET'S GOOOO!!!

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

No, I never said a radio host did that. Reread my post. DFW has its own ESPN flagship station, hosts annual large college football games, has a Big 12 and Big East team in its metro, Rangers doing well, Mavs recent success, hockey, NASCAR, one of the most storied franchise in all of sports, etc. I just notice the better quality in sports coverage up here from the times I lived in Houston and listen to Houston radio now.

3. Scarface281

People can say we all they want. It sounds silly to me, but I do understand why people say it when talking about their favorite sports team.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I say we because I buy tickets and merchandise to support the team. If it boosts your ego to look down on me for it, then so be it.

1 person likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

WE so excited!!! If WE contain drunkenvil and miller, who tend to over pursuit at times, schaub will have the middle of the field to dissect denver's D and do his thang.
    All eyez on Kareem. We will see how much he has improved. Uh I hate 3 oclock starts. I feel like OUR entire routines are tampered with.

And there is nothing wrong with saying WE. I have more respect for the fans that do say WE, because they are fanactics. At the end of the fourth quarter, I know matt schaub does not pay my rent.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

WE have a great chance at beating THEM.

HE never faced OUR great defense when HE was in Indy.

GO US!!!

7. Scarface281

So how are you going to beat them?

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

dynamite

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I expect...

A combined 60+ rushing plays.

Playaction execution being the deciding factor.

You gotta think Kubiak wants this one. Bad.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Damn, 0-6 game 3 record under Kubiak. 1-9 overall in game 3s.

I say put Casey at QB in the wildcat formation at times and pull every trick out of the hat.

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

That's a crazy stat! Then this week's game is a big barometer of how far WE have come then.

12. Scarface281

It would be cool to see them go on a nice run. They have the potential to go undefeated at least through the bye.

13. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

We will win on Sunday! :grin: With Harrisment on this one - argument is stupid

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

meh, irrelevant.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Just like Peyton's 16-2 stat against the Texans. The Texans are a lot better than Peyton's ever seen, and Peyton isn't MVP Peyton anymore.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One week at a time baby.

How do the Broncos LBs fare in pass coverage? For some reason, I don't really see our receivers having a big game, but I feel like OD and Graham can have a field day in the middle of the field. Is that assessment accurate, or do the Broncos have good coverage LBs?

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

short passing game is key. i think the TEs and Foster/Tate can have huge passing days. Especially true to contain VMiller.

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Keep their defense on the field. If we are leading by half, they will fall apart in the second half.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Agree. How can you take into accounts past records of teams? It's different if you're talking about how team A beat team B last year in both games they played (if and only if those teams remain largely unchanged and had no injuries), but when you're talking stats from ten years back, that's dumb. 98% of this roster is changed from when Kubiak took over. Actually, I'm pretty sure Andre is the only one still left.

Dumbest metric in all of sports. Especially football, though.

*Nothing against the OP of that stat.

20. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Exactly!!!!
    How many times have you heard players say "we couldn't have done it without our fans"??? Where we there playing with them? No, but we sure as hell were there supporting them!!