1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2k13 ratings :)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CoolColJ, Sep 15, 2012.

1. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

patrick patterson should be rated a solid 60

2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I remember Dirk had an 85 rating in nba2k12. His rating will likely drop in nba2k13 due to him having a poor season. Its a shame that certain players are so criminally overrated and certain players so criminally underrated. Monta Ellis in 2k13 having a higher rating than Dirk in 2k12? What has Monta Ellis done last season to deserve that rating? Heck what has Monta Ellis done in his whole career to even deserve anything higher than an 85 rating?
    Dirk two seasons ago was better than Melo at any point in his career yet he had an 85 rating. Have to admit that ratings are a joke in NBA 2k. Thats the only thing I really dislike about it.

3. allanivan

allanivan Member

Rookies' rating plz!!!

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's all about how you play with each player and use their skill sets. I've had games on 2k12, where it was basically a Parsons + Morris vs LeBron + Wade or Durant + Westbrook matchups. Parsons driving and shooting threes with Morris hitting jumpers.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

What's lbron James rating?

6. allanivan

allanivan Member

That's really the beauty of playing it. Find a way to use rockets players win it all.

7. skyline07

skyline07 Member

100 bucks Lin would be rated higher if he were still on NYK

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I was waiting for someone to say this the inevitable "what about lebron"

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Where did you find this picture? Go contribute to the 2k13 thread in hangout if you have other info.

10. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Anyone who plays NBA 2k should know by now that overall ratings don't mean anything. Basically, they weight certain categories differently based on your position, and thus your overall number will go up or down. In theory this makes sense; you'd want your PG to have good handles and passing, you'd want your center to be good at rebounding, post play and shot-blocking. In practice, the weights they give to the different positions are way off, and almost always you'd rather have someone with one elite skill over a generally solid all-arounder.

2K specifically alters the individual ratings of the top players in the league in order for their overall rating to roughly coincide with how they're perceived. Often you end up with really weird ratings like Dirk being an insane rebounder, or Kobe having better post defense than Chuck Hayes (theoretical examples, not something that's in the game).

If you know how to play, you can absolutely dominate with lower rated players if the are good at certain key stats. Terrence Williams has always been rated fairly average (~73), but his ballhandling and speed were so high he was all but impossible to stop. Yao was in the low 80s, but he was a total gamebreaker, since his inside ratings were off the charts and his finish with contact scores were so good even if you played perfect defense and forced him into the contact animation he'd still likely score. Conversely, I hated using guys like Battier in Dynasty because he actually didn't have all that great a 3-point rating, just a couple insane hot-spots in the corners, shots I didn't feature heavily in my offenses, and his defense was good but not gamechanging.

Give me a guy like Anthony Morrow, who's always been in the mid 60s but has a 88-90 rating for 3s, over a guy like Parsons who's going to be in the mid 70s but has no outstanding skills. I personally think the team is going to be pretty fun to play with; I can see Terrence Jones being a really good video game player if they give him a high athleticism score, Jeremy Lamb and Royce will likely have extremely high potential ratings, and Motiejunas will be a better Scola. Jeremy Lin was fantastic at the end of the year, as he had a really good rating at finishing inside, Patterson has always had a too-high rating for his mid-range jumper, and Martin is pretty much my favorite player to use; the double weak-side screen for a top of the key 3 is my bread and butter play.

11. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

I found it on Google :)

[​IMG]

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Jeremy Lamb - 74

Terrence Jones - 75

Royce White - 72

those are my guesses for the rookie ratings

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

That's optimistic if you ask me.

My guess:

Lamb - 71

Jones 68

White - 67

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So this is a good thing, right?:confused:
    Sorry, never played.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

thats true and that actually looks like thats what its gonna be lol

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

My Guess.
    Lamb- 72
    Jones- 69
    White- 70

17. Htown's2kFinest

What's Jeremy Lamb's rating?????

18. Bang.

Bang. Member

Please tell us all our Rookies ratings :) Really intresting how 2k rated D-Mo :D

19. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Why does Lin have a 5-5-15 mil contract? smh 2k

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

That's his actual contract and salary over the next three years. Cap wise, it's a different matter.

Here's more:

Michael Jordan 99
    Allen Iverson 95
    Kevin Love 89
    Andrew Bynum 87
    Josh Smith 87
    Andre Iguodala 87
    Pau Gasol 87
    Manu Ginobili 86
    Amare Stoudemire 84
    Danny Granger 84
    Marc Gasol 83