1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Week 1 Dolphins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Quick game notes...

Running game still a work in progress...offensive drives that werent initiated in a turnover were really pathetic...Is it just me but does our field suck...when some of our players try to plant on a quick turn...they slip..one play with Arian early in the game got me worried...

Run defense was decent, Team defense was excellent...overall one word summary...Watt!!!!!!!!

Kubiak needs to address why his offense is so anemic if it isnt a result of a turnover...credit to Miami's front 7, but still...

Overall B- for the game -- Offense: B; Defense: A-; Special Teams: C-

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

why wouldn't it be? diet certainly affects an athlete's play.

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

best play of the day!!

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

There are concerns for sure, Cannonball pretty much nailed them.

Look at it this way though, Texans were not solid across the board and they still won by 20.

All three phases of the game need work and I repeat the Texans won by 20.

Let's see what kind of adjustments the coach's make and how the team responds, before acting like everything is so terrible.

6. conquistador#11

also, i forgot...
    The toss right play..I don't like it. I did like AJ going motion from the backfield.

and the real reason why i posted a second time...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5a93wABHNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Home from the game - obviously very happy.

Watt is just a killer. Love it. 3 SWatts and a righteous sack.

AJ and Schaub looked great. Line did very nicely in protection, especially keeping Wake under control for the most part.

Right side of the line was disappointing in run blocking. Rarely created much of anything.

Dolphins came out following the anti-Wade formula perfectly. Slight concern that a team this low on talent moved the chains on us the way they did early. Won't be the last time we see someone follow that game plan.

Great job - no injuries, took care of business, moving on to the second Florida paper sack next week.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

JJ Watt. 'Nough said!

9. HoustonRockets

Andre Johnson is a beast.

10. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

JJ Watt was the player of the game, easily.

Good win, but I am concerned about our run defense. On offense, the running game was OK but not great. Foster had some nice runs...but the Dolphins stopped him in the backfield and the LOS more often than I'd like. But part of that might be due to poor field conditions...people slipping all the time.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I wasn't satisfied with the pass defense but I think it'll get better. Great win. Solid on offense, Dolphins had pretty good rush D. Jags next week.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I liked I saw from the passing game. O-line and running game need some work.

Run defense was very leaky in the first half. Pass defense really disappointed me.

Good game from Watt and Schaub.

Kevin Walter ......

13. Raven

Raven Member

I nailed it!

:grin:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Loved the defense. We need more chemistry between the LBs though.

Running game needs serious work but I trust that it's a chemistry issue and not a talent issue.

Biggest positive? Schaub looked incredible. Best I've seen him play ever IMO. His passing was pin point and he didn't check down too much. Confident and strong. If he can play like that all season he's a top 5.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I know Watt, AJ, Foster, etc. love

BUT SERIOUSLY KAREEM JACKSON! Looking like a first round pick today

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Who wants to say Kevin Walter never contributes anything to the team?

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He still got beat pretty soundly in one-on-one coverage. He didn't get beat as badly as he used to, but a below avg WR and rookie QB got the better of him.

No doubt, he's our weakest link in the secondary... that being said, he's still good enough to start on this team as a 2nd or 3rd guy.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Running game struggled, defense was leaky, special teams was a catastrophe, we missed a FG, and Jean couldn't hold onto a TD

And we still won with ease.

Need to get things cleaned up, but this team has so many ways to win it's ridiculous.

Looked like the dolphins were playing the run strong, so Schaub picked em apart. We basically went into a shell offense in the 4th.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Offense and Defense still trying to knock off some of the rust, but overall pretty darn good. You have to remember that this is the first game this season that the starters on defense have played together. Special teams were horrible, but we won easily so I'm not concerned at this point. No need to complain when we win easily by 20 points, right?

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Why win easily by 20 when you could have won easily by 30?