1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech BBall

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by That's Turrible, Jul 28, 2011.

1. That's Turrible

Any other Red Raider BBall fans out there? Opinions of Gillispie and his new staff? Thoughts on this years recruiting class? Is there ANY chance of making the tournament this year?

2. Garner

Garner Member

Gillispie is great for the program. Glad to see Pat Knight finally out.

I imagine Gillispie brings in better recruits than Pat Knight ever could, but either way...they are still in Lubbock and there are plenty of better basketball options in Texas.

3. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

I'm more excited about tx tech football this season, esp since they're ranked 7th in the big 12. I think they will surprise quite a few ppl and end up in the top 5 for sure.

As for basketall, it's true that there are alot of better options than tx tech at the moment, but remember when gillespie took over aTm they were cellar dwellers, and he completely changed the program. I don't think we'll make the tourney until next year, but within a few years, I see us going to the tourney on a yearly basis. Gillespie can bring in great recruits, and it should make a huge difference, but I doubt he can have a huge turn around in the first year.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I thought I was a loner when it came to Texas Tech sports! Glad to see some more Raider fans!

I think it was a great hire... I don't know much about the recruiting class.

Can't wait for football season to start up so we can prove everyone wrong again with another good season!

5. Garner

Garner Member

We Raiders generally lurk in the darkness

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

8. jvu

jvu Member

He was a better coach when he was an alcoholic

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha.^^ :eek:

Been a downhill ride for him since leaving A&M.

10. val_modus

val_modus Member

Played high school ball against some of the kids in this years recruitment class... all i can say is: SOLID

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He drank because he has an unhealthy addiction to basketball. Basketball is his life to the point that it consumes him. It's similar to Jordan's addiction to competition. BCG lost his family, friends... everything. He lost everything for basketball. I hope he puts it all together at some point, lives up to his potential, and we get one killer HoF speech in 25 years.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Unlikely. He's finished. Good riddance.

13. jvu

jvu Member

lol wish he stayed at AM. Our basketball program was unbelievable.. Now it's turrible!

14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

He is likely done. You don't get too many last chances at these salaries. He's a loose cannon and is abusive. He is finished.

15. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

I'm guessing TTU is just waiting until he is realized from the hospital to fire him.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I realize yall are already talking about this, but I just wanted to put this up here. This is nuts. Forcing injured players to practice? Isn't that some sort of abuse? Reneging on promises to potential new coaches after they had quit their previous job? Could that be considered a form of fraud?

I don't even feel sorry for the guy. He's bringing down many others with him.

17. RedRaiderRocket

I can not see how this guy can stay. I wasn't sold on the whole idea of hiring him in the first place, but students attended basketball games with shirts to fire Pat Knight and hire Gillispie. If Mike Leach got fired for allegedly "locking a player in a shed," then there is no way this guy could last for forcing injured players to practice, and all the other allegations.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are crazy. Oh nooooos, heaven forbid our team practices and tries to get better. If a horse gets a limp it either finds a way to walk straight or you shoot it...

He pulled this same thing at TAMU except the players didn't squeal about it like girly-men. Instead they decided to transfer. But as BCG's process unfolded they saw the purpose to it all.... now that group of would-be transfers are legends. Acie Law - legend. Brad Walker - assistant coach. Kavilouskas? - Olympian.

If those kids would shut up and endure the process they'd be on their way to a Sweet 16 in 2 years. Oh well. I guess there are no more real men left in basketball. Not in Lubbock anyways.

"Johnny got a hang nail and mean ole Mr. Gillispie made him run a horse on a school night, boo-hoo" - said Craig James' son, or whatever girl decided to cry in Lubbock this week

Grow a pair or remain content with those NIT appearance ambitions.

#18 Ziggy, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  19. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

If these guys want to leave so be it they won 1 conference game.........

20. J.R.

J.R. Member