1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is how my 12 year old son feels...because he's never known them as orange/blue.

To me..even when the franchise changed colors...the Houston Astros were always orange/blue. In the same way the Rockets have always been red (even though they weren't for a while). When I go to a game, I see as much or more orange/blue in the stands than red/black. On the road, Astros fans almost exclusively wear orange/blue it seems.

I think they felt like they needed to play to their long time fans as they make such a huge change...sort of a, "hey, we're still your astros, see?!! see the orange/blue!!?? we may be in a new league but we're still your astros!!" I think you're seeing a lot of that right now. Everything...and i mean EVERYTHING they gave out this season to Astros Buddies members was orange/blue. None of it was black/red.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent. I have 2 issues with Brick and Sand. 1) They aren't orange and blue and 2) They work so well together the Diamondbacks had to go with something similar. I really don't dislike the current colors, but I prefer the older ones.

I also wear orange and blue to the games when I go, but I have a newer version jersey. I don't wear it because I have the same last name as a Dodger player and wore the same number he wears. I have actually had my Jersey since before he started playing, but people always think I made it because I want him on the team.

3. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I agree that sounds too plain. The shooting star was what made them great.

4. Buck Turgidson

If you don't know then don't say.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't personally like them - but I was never a big fan of the orange/blue. I love their current uniforms, frankly.

Having said that, the 2nd alternate jersey is going to be a huge hit. Huge. People are going to flip out for it, me thinks. It's really cool. But the main unis? I mean - ...

6. Hey Now!

If you like this one.... they've taken it and done something *really* cool with it.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I feel like they made these uniforms for me specifically :) I choose to believe that.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I love this jersey, personally. Too bad it's going to be a base for the alternate.

As a main jersey, it has potential to be one of the best out there.

What we're going to get, sounds like it's going to be plain, t-shirt-type crap. That's not the Astros.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I hope the sleeves are not a different color from the main part of the jersey?

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

is this the new logo?

[​IMG]

11. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Looks a little too "softball league" for me. I like the classic look, simple and clean. Might just be me though.

12. msn

msn Member

It's perfect, then.

1 person likes this.
  13. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Touche.

14. stephenoa

stephenoa Member

Just get your first Initial and a period added before the last name. I hope you name doesnt start with an M

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

That actually is a good idea. If/When I get a new style jersey I may just have to do that.

16. Hey Now!

No. I mean, look - it's an H and star, yes - but it's not featured inside a diamond. Think circle. Maybe. :)

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm picturing something like this...[​IMG]

Minus the things outside the baseball.

1 person likes this.
  18. Hey Now!

Eh.... Sort of..... No baseball (IIRC).

19. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

If they do end up permanently going back to the Rainbow Guts unis and the "H" cap logo... Rather than completely ignoring the Astros' existence in the AL MAYBE i'll watch 1 or 2 games.... Because I love the "H" logo over the current star and would take it any day over the current one. Granted I'd change the orange to red or something. Not blue though, because Blue=Dallas. Red=Houston.

20. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

They don't do this in the MLB? Seriously? They do that in pretty much every other sport. Or at least basketball. You know, to not confuse K. Malone with J. Malone or something. Excuse the Jazz reference.