1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fan & Clutchfan Member Battling Progressive Eye Disease

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoJoV3, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Louka

Louka Member

I'm proud to be part of Clutchfans. Our members have donated at least 75 of the 230 that has been raised so far. Any little bit helps, so click the link and drop a fiver.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm a little disappointed in people, actually.

If every regular here dropped 10 dollars, it would make a massive dent.

3. ChievousFTFace

Just donated $25. My father is an optometrist with over 35 years of experience in the Houston/Humble area. Please drop me an email if you have any questions or need any referrals.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Mojo/Basketball Mind - Both surgeries cost $20K and will actually correct the vision long term?

5. Qball

Qball Member

6. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

The cornea crosslinking is what will stop the disease from progressing, also strengthening the cornea. According to studies, there is sufficient evidence that the benefits are permanent. Its around $4500-$6500 per eye.

The Intacs surgery is highly recommended with a severe case of Keratocatonus as this. Implanting meterial in the eye to correct the vision after the crosslinking haults the progression of the disease. Its $6500 - $7500 per eye.

Crosslinking would be cheaper for clinical trials. They have one with Dr. Slade starting in September. Its $2500 per eye during the period of the study. So hopefully enough money is raised by then. Dr. Slade is the head Dr. For this study, for Crosslinking to finally become FDA approved. Its been very successful overseas and now in the United States

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Donated, best of luck buddy I'm praying all goes well for you.

If we all just donated a little it could go a long way.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Done. Good luck man. I got LASIK 4 years ago and deal with burning in both eyes on a daily basis that they've never been able to figure out and that nothing treats. However, I still have my vision. One of my biggest fears is going blind--I'm glad there's a possibility for you to get your vision back

9. giddyup

giddyup Member

We gave and posted to our FaceBook wall. Hope things get better.

10. CDrex

CDrex Member

Chipped in a 50. I certainly think being blessed enough to be secure in my short term finances is empty without an open heart for something like this. Hope everything turns out okay.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

Hey, I just got back from Ayers Rock (Uluru) and saw this post. Donated and praying for your mate.

The folks on Clutchfans are very generous and kind, my daughter just recieved some awesome gifts from giddyup, TMoney101 and an autographed Jersey, and an email from Daryl Morey.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

Don't know if the $50 went through, I didn't receive any notification. Will try again tonight after church. If it doubles up, so be it. It's a worthy cause.

Once again, good luck. Your mate is in our prayers.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

One of my biggest fears is going blind as well, i'm 15 and have a lot of vision problems.

I can't donate because i don't have a credit card but i will pray, good luck man :(

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

Will donate on thursday aka pay day (i put it in my calendar on my phone so i remember)

16. gambingo

gambingo Member

Donated, wishing the best for you and your family Vance.

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Member

Donated. Is anyone a prominent poster on reddit or sites like it? I feel like a lot of people would be willing and capable of helping there.

18. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

I've tried posting a Reddit a few times. Thank you do much!

19. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

Wow, everyone, thank you so much!

20. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

*so much