1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Wiggins Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

By getting rid of their best three players the rockets are angling for a high draft pick this year. However I think they should be angling for the Andrew Wiggins sweepstake. He is the best prospect since Lebron. Toronto has the inside track on him, but I think we need to be focusing all our attention on getting him. Yes they will need to tank for 2 years and pray, but it might be the best option for this franchise.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How does Toronto have the inside track on him?

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

......huh?

One, why do we need to tank for 2 years? Even if Wiggins is some super awesome prospect, just tank the year he's a freshmen.

Two, why does Toronto have anything to do with this?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't see us getting #1 pick in two years, we have no chance at him. Plus no team with a chance at him will trade that pick.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I feel like he is a great prospect but there is no telling what may happen over the course of the next 2 years. Austin Rivers was ranked #1 hs prospect 2 years ago, and he was taken #10 in the draft after 4 other freshman. This may be a good or bad thing, if his stock drops we might be able to pick him up!

6. AFS

AFS Member

[​IMG]

We need a "Bean" at point guard. Who's it gonna be?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

8. Air Langhi

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They won't tank. I could guarantee it. They won't finish in the bottom 8.

10. Nero

Nero Member

Maybe they should just not show up for some of the games. It seems to work for job interviews...

11. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

Lol nice, with Bean, Ender, and the rest of our young core the Buggers (Heat/OKC/LAL?) stand no chance

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

When did they say they were angling for a high draft pick?

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The once proud Houston Rockets are now supposed to tank for 2 years in order to draft a kid who is about to start his jr year of high school.

Part of the reason I don't like the NBA as much as I used to.

14. Rockets_4_life

1 person likes this.
  15. Air Langhi

I guess you must have never been a fan of the NBA. The rockets are the reason there is a draft lottery.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

With us fielding a starting lineup that has collectively, not even started 82 NBA games (if so it's not much more), I'm pretty sure we will. Yes, I'm assuming Martin is a goner.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree with the OP. Especially since Wiggins has been dominating the college bas........wait.:confused:

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No way a team that is noticeably better defensively going to tank. Even without Martin we would still have more scorers than last seasons team.

19. anchel

anchel Member

Scola was not one of the best 3 players. Parsons was.
    Asik will help at Scola's level, as well as Lin will help at our old PGs level.
    Rockets not tanking, sorry.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wiggins might be great, but just two years ago we heard the same thing about Harrison Barnes and Austin Rivers. Are those two guys considered the next this guy or that guy anymore???

Again, Wiggins looks great for a high schooler, but there is no rhyme or reason why an NBA team should make personnel decisions based on a kid from high school who looks like he "might" be a high lottery pick in two years.

That being said, I think the Rockets have put themselves in a position to build through the draft for the next two years so Im not really sure why there would need to be any drastic changes from where the franchise is currently headed. Its sink or swim time, and more than likely they will sink so whether its Wiggins, or Shabaaz whatever, the Rockets should be scouting each and every one of those players.

If for some reason they aren't in the conversation for a high lottery pick, then that means one or more of the young players have taken the step up to be an all-star calliber player. Ive said it once, and Ill say it again.... Whatever all-star the Rockets end up getting might not be the all-star that YOU want, but you take that all-star any time you can get him. If that player is already on your roster then thats the best case scenario. Whether the Rockets already have that guy or not is yet to be seen. If not, you just might get your shot at a Wiggins, Noel, or Shabaaz.